Destruction released their first full-length album titled “Infernal Overkill” in 1985, followed by “Eternal Devastation” in 1986. The trio then added a second guitarist, Harry Wilkens and released the EP “Mad Butcher in 1987, followed by the full length album “Release from Agony” in 1988, then a live recording “Live Without Sense” in 1989 and “Cracked Brain” in 1990. In 1989, Schmier was asked to leave the band due to creative differences and the group underwent a period of commercial deterioration. During the grunge explosion during the early to mid 1990s, the band lost their record label support and had to self-release and produce their own albums. The result was two EPs called “Destruction” in 1994 and “Them Not Me” in 1995 along with their only 1990’s release called “The Least Successful Human Cannonball” in 1998.
In 1999, Schmier rejoined and things began to look up for the band as they signed a record deal with Nuclear Blast. They then released three more albums; “All Hell Breaks Loose” in 2000, “The Antichrist” in 2001, and “Metal Discharge” in 2003. The band would then sign with AFM Records and release “Inventor of Evil” in 2005. The band’s next album, “D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.”, was released in August 2008. In early 2009 Destruction is scheduled to tour around North America. Currently, the band is in the studio recording their new upcoming album called “Day Of Reckoning” which is due for release in January 2011 via Nuclear Blast records. The first statements from the band are promising a more fast and turbulent album than the 2008 studio record “D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N.”.
* Vocals, Bass: Schmier (1983-1989, 1999-Present)
* Guitars: Mike Sifringer (1983-Present)
* Vocals: André Grieder (1990)
* Vocals: Thomas Rosenmerkel (1993-1999)
* Guitars: Harry Wilkens (1987-1989)
* Guitars: Michael ‘Ano’ Piranio (1993-1999)
* Drums: Tommy Sandmann (1983-1987)
* Drums: Oliver ‘Olly’ Kaiser (1987-1999)
* Drums: Sven Vormann (1999-2001)
* Drums: Marc Reign (2001-2010)
* Vocals: Peter Tägtgren (2000)
Tägtgren appeared with Schmier on the track “Total Desaster 2000” from the “All Hell Breaks Loose” album.
* Vocals: Peter ‘Biff’ Byford (2005)
* Vocals: Doro Pesch (2005)
* Vocals: Stian ‘Shagrath’ Thorensen (2005)
* Vocals: Björn ‘Speed’ Strid (2005)
* Vocals: Paul Di’Anno (2005)
* Vocals: Messiah Marcolin (2005)
* Vocals: Mark Osegueda (2005)
* Vocals: Peter ‘Peavy’ Wagner (2005)
* Vocals: Peter Tägtgren (2005)
All of these artists, with Schmier, were featured on the same song, 2005’s “The Alliance of Hellhoundz”, from the “Inventor of Evil” album.
* Vocals: Peter ‘Peavy’ Wagner (2007)
* Vocals: Oddleif Stensland (2007)
* Vocals: Bobby ‘Blitz’ Ellsworth (2007)
* Vocals: Tom ‘Angelripper’ Such (2007)
All of these artists, with Schmier, appeared at the Wacken Open-Air Festival in 2007 on the track “The Alliance of Hellhoundz”, recorded for the 2009 live album “The Curse of The Antichrist: Live In Agony”.
* Guitar: Ol Drake (live, 2009)
Evile guitarist, he played the Caos Emergent Festival in Portugal on September 13, as a replacement for Mike Sifringer who broke two fingers in Belgium at the Vlamrock Festival on August 29. Then went on to play as Destruction’s second guitarist as a guest onstage at Damnation Festival.
* Infernal Overkill (1985)
* Eternal Devastation (1986)
* Release from Agony (1988)
* Cracked Brain (1990)
* The Least Successful Human Cannonball (1998)
* All Hell Breaks Loose (2000)
* The Antichrist (2001)
* Metal Discharge (2003)
* Inventor of Evil (2005)
* D.E.V.O.L.U.T.I.O.N. (2008)
* Day Of Reckoning (2011)
* Sentence of Death (1984)
* Mad Butcher (1987)
* Destruction (1994)
* Them Not Me (1995)
* Live Without Sense (1989)
* Alive Devastation (2002)
* The Curse of The Antichrist - Live In Agony (2009)
* Live Discharge - 20 Years Of Total Destruction (2004)
* A Savage Symphony - The History of Annihilation (2010)
* Bestial Invasion Of Hell (1984)
* The Butcher Strikes Back (1999)
*Super Best Destruction Collection (1990)
*Best of (1992)
*Thrash Anthems (2007)
Edited by deth_from_above on 16 Nov 2011, 09:55
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
- Formed in
- Founded in
- Lörrach, Germany
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.