The Ills of Modern Man was record between January until February 2007, with the production of the group former guitarist Yannick St-Amand, and was mixed by Andy Sneap at his own Backstage Studios in Derbyshire, England. The album artwork was made by Don Clark from Invisible Creature. The first music video for this album, is the song “In the Arms of PerditionIn the Arms of Perdition[/track]”, filmed at -40°C on a secluded icy mountain near Quebec City and directed by Jean-Philippe Bernier.
Musical and lyrical themes
In an interview for the magazine Exclaim!, the lead singer Alex Erian said that the main lyrical themes of The Ills of Modern Man are regrets, dealing with disappointment, fears and inhibitions.
The Ills of Modern Man generally received positive reviews, Alex Henderson of Allmusic described the band’s sound as a “example of technical death metal and technical metalcore coming together” and which “they have achieved a balance of accessibility and angularity”. About.com reviewer Chad Bowar praised the album saying, “The Ills of Modern Man is technical, brutal, and most important, memorable.”
1. “In the Arms of Perdition” (Alexandre Pelletier, Eric Jarrin, Steve Marois) – 4:24
2. “Furtive Monologue” (Jarrin, Marois, Pelletier) – 3:22
3. “Quarantine” (Alexandre Erian, Jarrin) – 4:07
4. “The Ills of Modern Man” (Erian, Jarrin, Pelletier) – 3:50
5. “A Fractured Hand” (Erian, Jarrin) – 4:35
6. “Sheltered Reminiscence” (Jarrin, Marois) – 3:13
7. “Nameless” (Erian, Jarrin) – 3:02
8. “Tears of the Blameless” (Jarrin, Marois, Pelletier) – 4:13
9. “Oval Shaped Incisions” (Erian, Jarrin) – 4:02
10. “Fainted Blue Ornaments” (Erian, Jarrin, Marois) – 5:03
* Alexandre Erian – vocals
* Steve Marois – vocals
* Eric Jarrin – guitar
* Sebastien Piché – bass
* Alexandre Pelletier – drums
* Yannick St-Amand – producer
* Andy Sneap – mastering, mixing
Edited by Tecfan on 16 Jan 2009, 07:58
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.