1) A Russian producer from Moscow who makes experimental electronic music which can be described as something between ambient, dubstep & future garage
2) "Delete" aka Sergio Munoz, an electronic artist / DJ from Caracas, Venezuela.
3) Was an Alcoholic-DeathMetal-Band from Kapfenberg, Austria.
4) A band from the south of France, more precisly Arles.
5) An Australian Hardstyle DJ/Producer now based in the Netherlands.
1) Delete – Is the alias of a Russian producer from Moscow who makes experimental electronic music which can be described as something between ambient, dubstep & future garage. In his tracks he refers to the country's past Soviet history: music, movies, newsreel footage - all of this finds its reflection in Delete's music.
2) "Delete" aka Sergio Munoz, an electronic artist / DJ from Caracas, Venezuela. The word ‘delete’ has become a seminal part of our modern lexicon over the past 20 years thanks to the advent of the internet and our global, digital culture. Delete is also the production moniker of an artist who too has been growing over the past 20 years.
One whose sound and style are at once rooted in the musical heritage of his native Venezuela and home in the digital diaspora of our globalized techno-culture. A member of the new breed of DJs, Sergio Muñoz, has been making a lot of noise over the past few years with a slew of undeniable productions and highly acclaimed sets at the world’s leading venues. Sergio has been honing his unique sound since the very beginning.
“I started because all my life my family has been playing soul, disco, rnb and jazz around the house so I grew up hearing the groovy stuff. Later, when I started going to clubs, I had fun but I always wanted to be in the DJ booth – not on the dancefloor.”
It was this urge to take the reins and play his own groovy stuff that led Sergio to begin producing and Djing in 2004. Influenced by fellow South Americans (Luciano, Ricardo Villalobos) and Europeans (Dixon, Henrik Schwarz) alike, he has not been able to take a break from making music releasing an impressive number of tracks on labels such as Safari Electronique, Sci+Tec, Saved and Viva. The unmistakable funk that you hear in Delete’s productions is also a hallmark of his unrelenting sets. The interplay between the cutting techno and latin-tinged house records that he plays creates a new, updated vibe which is also steeped in the storied traditions laid down by his heroes before him.
“The most memorable parties for me were playing with Dubfire at Mansion Miami, this January’s tour of the Dominican Republic and, of course, the Bullitt Mixer at WMC this year.”
Hypnotizing every dancefloor he plays to, Sergio is also inspired by the crowds and sounds he encounters while on tour. This constant cycle of inspiration and creation means that Delete’s sound never stagnates. Not knowing where he’ll go next sonically is half the excitement of seeing him DJ - finally experiencing it and getting locked into his soulful vibe is the other half. You’re either already a converted follower or are about to join the ranks, either way – Delete isn’t going anywhere.
3) DELETE was an Alcoholic-DeathMetal-Band from Kapfenberg, Austria.
4) DelETE is a band from the south of France, more precisly Arles.
5) Delete is an Australian Hardstyle Producer/DJ who has been involved in the scene since its inception early in this millennium. Flying under the radar for most of that time he has all targets locked on and is rapidly infiltrating the minds of hardstyle fans across the globe. With an unhealthy obsession for the grinding, more rough and tough sound, his take on hardstyle leaves most banging their heads on the closest hard surface.
Delete focuses on creating hardstyle with attitude and is well known for his hard-hitting, yet raw productions. Even though he steers clear of creating the stale commercial sound, he has gained support from many big names and is growing in presence with each release. Some of Delete's releases that he is known for include Syndrome, Time Travel, Formula, Welcome (w/ DJ Thera), Beheaded and the massively supported 'Ghetto'.
Delete is now based in the Netherlands and has joined the Theracords record label. Delete also plays an important role behind the scenes for Spoontech Records along with founder and good friend Vazard.
So open your mind to a new take on hardstyle, combining elements from the past, present and the future… The lines have been blurred… Your perception of music is about to be deleted!
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.