22 Sep 2010, 03:05 by joshblalock
22 Sep 2010, 00:41 by joshblalock
6 Mar 2010, 19:18 by Under_Radar_Mag
2 Feb 2010, 17:00 by phili1100
13 Jan 2010, 20:06 by kemgoz1) Merriweather Post Pavilion / Animal Collective
2) Album / Girls
3) Veckatimest / Grizzly Bear
4) Hospice / The Antlers
5) Time To Die / The Dodos
6) Bromst / Dan Deacon
7) In The Gardens Of The North / Sleeping States
8) Dead Man’s Bones / Dead Man’s Bones
9) The Floodlight Collective / Lotus Plaza
10) Here We Go Magic / Here We Go Magic
11) Sometimes I Wish We Were an Eagle / Bill Callahan
12) You Can Have What You Want / Papercuts
13) Logos / Atlas Sound
14) Hold Time / M. Ward
15) WOMEN / Women
16) Manners / Passion Pit
17) Catacombs / Cass McCombs
18) Two Suns / Bat For Lashes
19) Clues / Clues
20) Embryonic / The Flaming Lips
21) See Mystery Lights / YACHT
22) Ambivalence Avenue / Bibio
23) Real Estate / Real Estate
24) Two Dancers / Wild Beasts
25) Psychic Chasms / Neon Indian
Top 10 En iyi Track
1) My Girls - Animal Collective
2) What Would I Want? Sky - Animal Collective
3) Ambling Alp - Yeasayer
4) My Boys - Taken By Trees
31 Dec 2009, 22:21 by Incognito64This list is exactly that: My favorite songs of the year. Also, this means they are not necessarily singles, although a good chunk of them are. I tried to limit songs per artist to just one, because honestly, the top 10 would be polluted with Animal Collective otherwise. Four bands broke this, only because their second entry was somewhat different than their first. This rule actually snubbed some very solid songs alone (Bluish and Brother Sport by the aforementioned Collective, Ready, Able by Grizzly Bear, Lust For Life by Girls, any additional song from the Fever Ray album, and the list continues.) Also, as if this needed clarification, the song needed to be released in 2009 or be on an album released in 2009. Of note, Very Busy People by The Limousines has been circulating through the internet since 2008 and even got some airplay this year, but I figured I would wait until some form of official release was made to place this fantastic song.
31 Dec 2009, 06:56 by justfetusFirst up, a handful of albums that didn't make the list (in no particular order)...
The Mars Volta - Octahedron
The Mars Volta has progressively made less coherent albums since releasing De-Loused in the Comatorium, their debut album. This culminated in the release of Bedlam In Goliath last year, where they kind of went batshit insane. I was expecting Octahedron to be:
Instead, Octahedron was boring. BORING?! Yes, boring. It's as if Bedlam in Goliath was an orgasm (a not-that-great one) and Octahedron was the afterglow. Don't get me wrong, The Mars Volta is still crazy in their musicianship, with pounding drums, an amazing guitarist, and a unique vocalist. It's just that this is so tame compared to the rest of their work that I don't even want to listen to it. I'd say this is a good introduction to them, but only that. However, it is still worth listening to.
31 Dec 2009, 02:08 by j_morrison20. Phoenix - 1901
19. Mos Def - Auditorium
18. Julian Casablancas - 11th Dimension
17. The Flaming Lips - Worm Mountain
16. Dead Man's Bones - Lose Your Soul
15. Between the Buried and Me - Mirrors
14. Neon Indian - Local Joke
13. Yeah Yeah Yeah's - Heads Will Roll
12. Dan Deacon - Snookered
11. MF DOOM - Gazillion Ear
10. Miike Snow - Animals
9. Between the Buried and Me - Swim to the Moon
8. Basement Jaxx - Raindrops
7. Animal Collective - My Girls
6. The Bloody Beetroots - Warp 1.9
5. Them Crooked Vultures - Gunman
4. Grizzly Bear - While You Wait for the Others
3. Passion Pit - Sleepyhead
2. Between the Buried and Me - Fossil Genera - a Feed From Cloud Mountain
1. Animal Collective - Brother Sport
30 Dec 2009, 21:38 by gillianMFCAll the cool kids are doing it!
TOP 25 ALBUMS
25. Real Estate – Real Estate
Psychedelic surf-rock with a pretty cool album cover. Brah.
Highlight: Suburban Dogs
24. Bibio – Ambivalence Avenue
Ever wondered where the human side of electronica was? This is it.
Highlight: Lover’s Carvings
23. Black Dice – Repo
Total craziness that’s really hard to listen to but actually ends up being fun. Music for the ADHD, electronic noise-loving set.
Highlight: Chicken Shit
22. Sonic Youth – The Eternal
Because they can never make a bad album and I will always love them.
Highlight: Leaky Lifeboat (For Gregory Corso)
21. Fuck Buttons – Tarot Sport
So what if their songs go on forever and one bleeds into the next? So what if this isn’t as great as last year’s Street Horrsing? It’s still full of trippy, late-night goodness.
Highlight: Rough Steez, but it’s hard to tell.
20. Cymbals Eat Guitars – Why There are Mountains
Kind of like Lonesome Crowded West, but these guys take themselves more seriously than Isaac Brock. …
27 Dec 2009, 22:24 by 16-19http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v609/Johnnyheat_/12----WHY.png
Why? - Eskimo Snow
Glockenspiel art hip-hop!
Maybe I'm being slightly biased because I'm a big fan of Yoni Wolf. OK I'm completely biased. But still this is a brilliant album from start to finish. Admittedly it's not quite on the same level as previous albums Alopecia or Elephant Eyelash. Though it's not far from receiving similar accolades. Why? are second to none in their delivery of raw melodic beats mixed with compelling modern rhymes. Eskimo Snow is a continuation, a squeal to a bands poetic journey that just gets better and fresher.
mewithoutYou - It’s All Crazy! It’s All False! It’s All A Dream! It’s Alright
There's nothing remarkable that separates this from all of the honorable mentions(see below). They are all great albums. But I give Mewithoutyou the nod ahead of the rest for one reason... progression. …