God Put a Smile Upon Your Face (4:59)

Cover of A Rush of Blood to the Head

From A Rush of Blood to the Head and 48 other releases

Know something about this track?
Help build Last.fm by adding it to the wiki for this track.

Tags

Everyone’s tags

More tags

Play with Spotify

Albums featuring this track (49)

Similar Tracks

Track   Duration Listeners
Coldplay - Politik 5:18 647,576
Coldplay - Daylight 5:27 603,259
Oasis - Wonderwall 4:18 1,685,703
Oasis - Don't Look Back in Anger 4:47 974,060
Keane - Somewhere Only We Know 3:58 932,426
Radiohead - High and Dry 4:17 936,355

Listening Trend

736,945listeners all time
4,169,223scrobbles all time
Recent listeners trend:

Explore more

Shoutbox

Leave a comment. Log in to Last.fm or sign up.
  • S4EEDR3ZA

Ballsy-Edgy Coldplay is Best Coldplay.

5 Aug 2:42pm Reply
  • ayuyz

BEST SONG EVER

10 May 2:15pm Reply
  • OneToHeaven

Beautiful song!!

5 Apr 12:44am Reply
  • donotcurseatme

Definitely my favorite on AROBTTH.

5 Mar 3:57pm Reply
  • Starry-skies

When I first heard the album I couldn't believe how creative it was and this track hit me right between the eyes, for me they have never got anywhere near the quality of this since, magnificent [2] totally agree

1 Feb 8:43am Reply
  • neodude991

stupid title [3] Excellent song.

10 Jan 3:28am Reply
  • jpzitoleopold

stupid title [2]

24 Dec 2013 Reply
  • WaldoJeffers_X

Stupid title

12 Dec 2013 Reply
  • Dr-Psih

God doesn't. But Coldplay does. [9]

6 Nov 2013 Reply
  • brenna840

This song takes me to a place...I don't know....it's so calm and magic...it's Coldplay! ;)

13 May 2013 Reply
  • JosephCagdason

God doesn't. But Coldplay does. [8] haha:) just what i think.

28 Apr 2013 Reply
  • lukasz_pulawski

one of their best songs

19 Apr 2013 Reply
  • h-a-w

God doesn't. But Coldplay does. [7]

11 Dec 2012 Reply
  • fuckyouty1

love the chorus

30 Oct 2012 Reply
  • chaosonthemoon

To NeoOneNeil, love what you had to contribute. Definitely one of my favourites.

22 Oct 2012 Reply
  • NeoOneNil

[1 of 2] OP 11-14-2004 @ 04:44:49 AM. As opposed to the spiritual The Scientist, GPASOYF is an agnostic song. See the reverse psychology of the Coldplay titles. TS being 'believing' is contradictory to the traditional Science VS Religion wars & debates '...now when we work out where to draw the line your guess is as good as mine...' This is the essence of the song & sung many times. In the end...all the atheists, capitalists, nihilist, anarchists, Muslims, Christians, Buddhists, Evangelicals, greedy business men, deists etc et al have something of value to say, as it all tries to find the answer to the Time Immemorial (...a glorious mission to find The Invisible One...Crowded House) question of God's existence. So in the end nobody really knows, we're all AGNOSTIC: undecided/sitting on the fence to some degree. The opening verse is about uncertainity, there are too many choices, human beings don't know which road to take, there's too much clutter in today's rat race capitilist society.

22 Sep 2012 Reply
  • NeoOneNil

[2 of 2] The third verse is stating the infallible human insecurity/inferiority complex/loneliness. We always put ourselves down. We devalue our opinions for fear of rejection. So when one of us works it out, finds all the questions to life problems, mysteries and puzzles: we all all want (as opposed to say love, or need) to know that answer. So please share it: long live bi-polar Ambivalent Agnosticism (ala John Lennon's Imagine)...sometimes believer, sometimes sceptic..."I HATE REPEATING MYSELF" - MEL GIBSON - 'CONSPIRACY THEORY'.

22 Sep 2012 Reply
  • Real_man

God doesn't. But Coldplay does. [6] LOL, I'm an atheist and I love this song.. haha

14 Sep 2012 Reply
  • Lhuckazs

God doesn't. But Coldplay does. [5] LOL, I'm an atheist and I love this song.. haha

15 Jul 2012 Reply