A Germantown, MD, USA rock band:
Rock band which formed in the early-90s. Members include: Dan Maines (bass), Tim Sult (guitar), Jean-Paul Gaster (drums) and Neil Fallon (vocals, guitar, harmonica). Their recording début was EP Pitchfork (Oct 1991).
Each of Clutch’s albums is marked by its own distinct and cohesive sound and the band’s musical style may be said to have migrated from hardcore punk to hard rock and blues over the course of their career. Clutch’s lyrics, at first angry and serious in tone, had by the time of 1993’s Transnational Speedway League become characterized by intelligence, wordplay, and often humour (although comedy is not usually the focus). Their songs make frequent reference to history, mythology, popular culture, and religion. Bam Margera often uses Clutch songs in his MTV show “Viva La Bam.”
The members of Clutch often perform on albums with other bands as well as side projects. JP played drums on Five Horse Johnson’s album The Mystery Spot. Neil Fallon sang some backing vocals for Dozer’s Beyond Colossal album as well as a side project called The Company Band. The band also has a side band they perform in called The Bakerton Group. The music consists of all instrumental jams with a blues feel to it.
Clutch has often performed more than 100 shows per year since their formation. They are managed by Jack Flanagan out of NYC.
* Pitchfork (7”) (Inner Journey Records, 1991)
* Passive Restraints (EP) (Earache Records, 1992)
* Transnational Speedway League: Anthems, Anecdotes, and Undeniable Truths (Eastwest Records, 1993)
* Clutch (Eastwest Records, 1995)
* Impetus (Earache Records, 1997)
* The Elephant Riders (Columbia Records, 1998) #104 US
* Pitchfork (CD) (Inner Journey Records & River Road Records, 1999)
* Jam Room (River Road Records, 1999)
* Pure Rock Fury (Atlantic Records, 2001) #135 US
* Live at the Googolplex (River Road Records, 2002)
* Slow Hole to China: Rare and Unreleased (River Road Records, 2003)
* Blast Tyrant (Rte / Drt, 2004) #147 US
* Live in Flint(River Road Records, 2004)
* Robot Hive/Exodus (Rte / Drt, 2005) #94 US
* Pitchfork & Lost Needles (Megaforce, 2005)
* From Beale Street to Oblivion (Rte / Drt, 2007)
* Heard It All Before: Live at the Hi Fi Bar (Sea Gator Music, 2007)
* Live at the Corner Hotel (Sea Gator Music, 2008)
* Strange Cousins From The West (Weathermaker Music, 2009)
* Earth Rocker (Weathermaker Music, 2013)
 A Japanese band.
Edited by evocator on 15 Jan 2014, 15:37
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.