There are at least eight bands/artists named Clear:
1) A straight edge hardcore band;
2) A Contemporary Christian Music group from Cambridge, Minnesota;
3) A Slovak pop(-rock) band;
4) A 90s hardcore band (see also xClearx)
5) A solo noise project started by Jesi.L in June of 2007;
6) An electropop band from Japan - Ｃｌｅａｒ;
7) An English guitar pop band, formed in London in 1997.
8) A Japanese singer who covers Vocaloid and anime songs. He posts his covers in Nico Nico Douga.
9) A Canadian band started in the 1990's by the late Kenny MacLean, that released an album entitled "Clear - A Project By Kenny MacLean" in 1995.
2) Clear was an American CCM group from Cambridge, Minnesota formed in the summer of 1997 and released two albums on Ardent Records, in 1998 and 2000. Their 2000 release Follow the Narrow hit #33 on the Billboard Top Contemporary Christian Albums chart in 2000. The group split up early in 2001.
Matt Berry - vocals, guitar, mandolin
Nate Larson - guitar
Peter Sanders - drums
Ali Ogren - vocals, piano
David Caton - vocals, bass, didgeridoo
3) The Slovak pop(-rock) band Clear:
máj 2000 - vznik rockového dua The Clear
máj 2001 - The Clear s kapelou - koncert v amfiteátri v Košiciach s IMT Smile a No Name
júl 2001-marec 2003 - The Clear rockduo - koncertná činnosť
apríl 2003 - vznik skupiny Clear
november 2003 - víťazstvo na BB Feste v Banskej Bystrici
január 2005 - ocenenie objav roka 2004 MUSIC BOX AWARDS
Ako duo sme od mája 2000 vystúpili vyše 900!!! krát, s kapelou koncertujeme od septembra 2003 .
Po Slovensku kolujú naše 2 demo CDs, 1CD live koncert z mája 2002 v KE, DVD koncerty z Thálie a GES v KE a konečne naše oficiálne CD MEDZI VLKMI z februára 2006
4) The hardcore band Clear released the album Deeper Than Blood on Stillborn Records and The Sickness Must End on Life Sentence Records.
5) The solo noise project Clear was started by Jesi.L in June of 2007.
6) The electropop band Clear are from Japan, former members of the (Japanese) band American Rock.
7) The English guitar pop band Clear formed in London, UK in 1997 and released the album Coming Round on Abstraction Records in 2003.
Clear set up Abstraction as a vehicle for their recordings by forming a limited company with themselves as directors and their fanclub as shareholders (a novel business model in 2000, which saw the band garner publicity the UK's business news as well as its music press).
Tracks from Coming Round (including the two singles Johnny Marr was a Mistake and Over and Over) appeared on radio and TV playlists as widely as the UK, Italy, France, Canada, Chile, and Japan. Tracks from the album appeared in the soundtrack for UK Channel 4's Teachers TV drama, a video for Johnny Marr… is available on YouTube, and free downloads can be found on the band's website at www.clearweb.org.
Clear went into hibernation in 2005, after a successful recidency at London's 12 Bar Club (Club Clear - the 12 Bar's night for new underground talent which bore the band's name - helped launch the careers of artists such as Paulo Nutini and Newton Faulkner), but the core lineup of Craig Wentworth, Neil Ward Dutton and Mark Stevenson are showing signs of waking up… with a likely reunion gig in late summer 2008.
8) The Canadian band clear was formed in the 1990's by former Platinum Blonde bass player Kenny MacLean, and released the album Clear - A Project By Kenny MacLean in 1995 on the Page Publications label.
The band consisted of Kenny MacLean on lead vocals and guitar, Denis Martel on guitar and backing vocals, Joe Power on bass and backing vocals, and Sascha on drums.
Three videos of them (one official video and two live performances on French-Canadian channel Musique Plus ) can be found on YouTube.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.