- Invited to and graduate of 2005 ASCAP Lester Sill Songwriters Workshop
- Winner in the 2005 Great American Songwriting Contest - Rock category
- Semi-Finalist in the 2005 International Songwriting Competition (out of 15,000 entries)
- Pop Uptempo TOP 20 FINALIST in the 2005 Unisong International Songwriting Contest and Honorable Mention in the Acoustic/Folk category
- 2 Honorable Mentions in 2005 Billboard World Song Contest
- Selected Club Showcase Performer: NACA Northern Plains, April, 2005 NACA West, November, 2005 NACA Nationals, February, 2006
Eleven years ago, my best friend and I left New Jersey, to travel the country and move to Los Angeles. Our shared goal… make music and the cover of Rolling Stone. I released two EP’s between 1995 and 1998 and the first full-length album Naked and Alive in 1999.
I hit the road in January of that same year determined to rival Ani DiFranco’s tour schedule and to build a fan base outside of the LA scene. During the next few years of touring, folks were taking notice and helped cement opportunities to open for Dave Matthews, John Mayer, Chris Isaak and Natalie Merchant. Reviews were equally exciting:
“Fabulous. Phenomenal. Spectacular. Breathtaking. Unbelievable. He has the look, the sound and the talent. …Christian is going to be the beginning of a new craze of solo male performers.” Carol White, The Pacifican
But after nine national tours through 33 states and Europe, I decided to take a sabbatical from performing, and focus on writing and recording new material. I took a day job to pay down debt and met my future wife (got a wee bit distracted), when suddenly the above-mentioned best friend passed away. That knocked the wind out of me in a bad way… but I eventually started breathing again, one song at time, ever focused on a patch of blue breaking through an overcast sky.
A Patch of Blue was aided by co-producers Wade Biery and Jean Marie Horvat, some great musicians and the budget-wonders of digital recording.
I’m on a break again - but maybe I’ll see you sometime again.
Edited by Martin_Ostar on 22 Jan 2010, 22:21
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.
- Other spellings