1) A Finnish Gothic Metal band.
2) 4 piece hardcore band from Brighton, England
3) Ambient artist from Czech Republic.
4) An ’80s metal band from Germany.
5) A German black/thrash metal band
1) Charon was founded in 1992 by Mario Tepšić, Antti Karihtala, Teemu Hautamäki, Pasi Sipilä, and Jasse Hast and was originally a brutal death metal act. After releasing three promo albums and two demos, the band signed a record deal with Emanzipation Productions. Through Emanzipation, Charon released their first two full-length albums Sorrowburn and Tearstained in 1998 and 2000 respectively. After touring with fellow Finlanders Sentenced, the band parted ways with Emanzipation and signed to Spinefarm Records.
During the summer of 2001 Charon recorded their third studio album Downhearted. Prior to the release of the full album, a single Little Angel was released, which rose to #5 on the Finnish single charts. In early 2002, Downhearted was released, and it proved to be just as popular as the single. The album rose to the number 3 slot on the Finnish album charts.
In April 2003, the band released another single, In Trust of No One, which made its debut at #1 on the Finnish singles charts. Five months later the Religious/Delicious single was released, followed quickly by the band’s fourth studio album The Dying Daylights.
In November 2003, guitarist Jasse von Hast left the band, citing a lack of interest in playing for the group and boredom with band-related activities as reason for doing so. Lauri Tuohimaa stepped in and officially became the band’s new guitarist in January 2004.
After several tours and the release of the single Colder, the band released its fifth album Songs for the Sinners on August 31, 2005. Since then the band has toured extensively in Europe and Russia. Concerning further releases, the band stated, during the summer, that they had six new tracks ready to record. Then, that autumn, another update was posted on the bands site stating that they have spent the last few weeks recording five new tracks for a demo and that they are currently negotiating a new record deal.
Charon has disbanded in June 2011.
2) Currently signed to Monarch Records, Charon are building up quite a fanbase in their hometown and the UK. Originally named Among Wolves, the 4 piece from Brighton, England released their Debut EP “Migrating North” in October 2011 through Monarch Records and have already played with the likes of The Eyes of a Traitor, Heart in Hand, AYS and Pay No Respect.
3) Have a track on compilation CD: Out of place artifacts Vol1.
4) Charon formed in Hamburg, Germany in 1983, and between ‘84-‘86 released two albums, “Charon” and “Made in Aluminum”. They have since split up.
Edited by omnimon254 on 20 Feb 2012, 10:55
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.