*Chorão(Alexandre Magno Abrão, 42 years old) - Vocals;
*Thiago Raphael Castanho (30 years old) - Guitar;
*Heitor Vilela Gomes (24 years old) Bass;
*Pingüim (André Luis Ruas, 30 years old) - Drums;
When Chorão came to Santos at seventeen (after a difficult and somewhat traumatic childhood) he already had a strong interest in skateboarding and rock music. From time to time he would stand in for a singer of a local rock band when the guy had to go to the bathroom during a show. A musician in another saw Chorão performing during these bathroom breaks and invited him to join his band.
When the bassist of that band quit, Chorão found Champignon who was twelve at the time. Later on, Chorão decided to start his own band, and invited Champignon and Pelado (Chorão’s friend from another local band), and then Marcão and Thiago (a 5th member). The band would continue to have shows in the city without an official name until Chorão crashed his car in a coconut shack that was named “Charlie Brown Jr.”
Producer Rick Bonadio, who Champignon knew, invited them to make a “demo” and he liked what he heard. Virgin Records signed the band after hearing their demo.
In 1997, they released their debut album Transpiração Prolongada Contínua (“Long, Continuous Transpiration”, reference to the hard work). Well-received by the public, it remains as their biggest hit, and CBJr won a VMB (the Brazilian VMA) for Breakthrough Artist.
* Albums Released
* Transpiração Contínua Prolongada (rough translation: Long and Continuous Transpiration) - 1997
* Preço Curto, Prazo Longo (Small Price, Long Duration) - 1999
* Nadando com os Tubarões (Swimming With Sharks) - 2000
* 100% Charlie Brown Jr. - Abalando a Sua Fábrica (Shaking Your Factory) - 2001
* Bocas Ordinárias (Ordinary Mouths) - 2002
* Acustico MTV Charlie Brown Jr. (MTV Unplugged) - 2003.
* Tamo Aí na Atividade (Slang for We’re Active)- 2004
* Imunidade Musical (Musical Immunity)- 2005
* Ritmo, Ritual e Responsa (Rhythm, Ritual and Responsability)- 2007
Edited by xwesllyx on 13 Apr 2013, 01:34
Sources (view history)
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
- Formed in
- Split in
- Founded in
- Santos, Brazil
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.