There are at least five bands with the name Catwalk:
1. An indiepop band from Oxnard, California started by Nick Hessler in 2005. The group is currently recording an album to be released on Captured Tracks.
2. The jazz/funk quintet described below:
3. Finnish hard-rock band from 80's.
4. A British indie act fronted by ex Melody Maker journalist Chris Roberts. Released the single 'Damascus' which was also featured on Indie Top 20 Volume 14 in 1992.
5. A Mongolion dance/girlgroup.
2. Born in the summer of 2002, in Northern California's Santa Cruz Mountains, and raised in the culturally and geographically diverse coastlands of The Monterey and San Francisco Bay Areas, this unique jazz/funk quintet captures much of the eclectic nature of its colorful home.
Guitarist/writer Joe Menichetti, drummer Sid Thompson, bassist Scott McKenna, saxophonist Doug Rowan and pianist Jay Jackson have beautifully incorporated elements of jazz, blues, funk, fusion, rock, latin, celtic and more into this spirited project that features all original compositions. All highly regarded and seasoned Bay Area musicians, the members of Catwalk present a well rounded blend of fine skills, strong tunes and arrangements.
Past appearances have included the SAN JOSE JAZZ FESTIVAL, the KUUMBWA JAZZ CENTER in Santa Cruz, as well as the prestigious MONTEREY JAZZ FESTIVAL and RUSSIAN RIVER JAZZ FESTIVAL.
3. Band was active during 80's and at some point split up. Band was from Tampere and it had four members: Heikki Silvennoinen (guitar), Heikki "Pointero" Vihinen (vocals), Mikko Löytty (bass) and Matti Takala (drums). After Catwalk Silvennoinen started a band called Q.Stone with Mikko Kuustonen. Catwalk made a cover of Jimi Hendrix's "Fire" published on their album "Catwalk".
Catwalk's music is hard-rock with pop-influences.
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.