They called it a day in 2004 after seven years, an album, two singles and an EP. Musical archeologists of the future will download these songs and go “man, they should have been huge.” Or, at least, “hey, they had some neat tunes.”
In easy to follow dot-point form:
• Were Todd Hutchinson, Sasha Pazeski, Jeremy Reglar, Andrew P Street and formed mid-1998.
• Released their debut CDEP ‘Hooray for Everything’ in October 1999, featuring Part-Timer and Caffeine Nation, both of which enjoyed airplay on Triple J and community radio. The EP was produced by the band themselves and resulted in the band being awarded the Most Outstanding Songwriter award at the 2000 SA Music Industry awards.
• Released a limited edition split 7” single in March, 2001 (along with friends Tyke), featuring the non-album instrumental track Undressed By Kings. It sold out on the night of the launch.
• Preceded their debut album with the End Credits single in June 2001, featuring the album version of the song, two brand new tracks and a remix featuring the vocals of Tori White of The Escorts. End Credits went to #1 on the SA Real Music Charts and on the three-d radio Top 20 + 1 airplay chart (93.7FM). End Credits was added to medium national Triple J rotation in June. Career Girls also recorded a 4 song session (What Everyone Says, No Title, No Subject, Moon Girl and End Credits) for the Oz Music Show on Triple J, which was broadcast on Wednesday 13 June, 2001.
• Played shows with a host of Australian acts ranging from the guitar pop likes of Muzzy Pep, Even, Pollyanna, The Fauves, Rhubarb, Snout and Knieval to introspective solo performers such as Ed Keupper, Phillipa Nihill, Mark Seymour and Glenn Richards (Augie March), as well as international acts including The Breeders (US), J Mascis & The Fog (US), The Tea Party (Canada), By Divine Right (Canada), Preston School Of Industry (US), Ken Stringfellow (US), The Salteens (Canada) and performed at the 2002 Adelaide Big Day Out.
Edited by owmyhands on 25 Jan 2007, 10:06
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.