18 Jun 2010, 20:33 by Shasolace
11 Apr 2010, 06:16 by jessichaosMy 40,000 track was....
Talking Heads - The Big Country
As of 04.11.10:
Top ten artists
01. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
02. The Decemberists
03. Neko Case
04. The Handsome Family
05. They Might Be Giants
06. Rufus Wainwright
07. Tom Waits
08. Sufjan Stevens
09. Elliott Brood
Top ten tracks
01. Elliott Brood - President (35)
02. The Handsome Family - The Woman Downstairs
03. Songs: Ohia - The Old Black Hen
04. DeVotchKa - You Love Me
05. 16 Horsepower - Hutterite Mile
06. Bruce Springsteen - Thunder Road
07. Jay Munly - Big Black Bull Comes Like a Caesar
08. The Pine Hill Haints - Cuckoo Bird
09. Andrew Bird - Scythian Empires
10. The Decemberists - On the Bus Mall
Top ten albums
01. Elliott Brood - Ambassador
02. The Pine Hill Haints - Ghost Dance
03. Neko Case - Middle Cyclone
04. Sophe Lux - Waking The Mystics
05. Neko Case - Fox Confessor Brings the Flood
06. The Handsome Family - Last Days Of Wonder
2 Feb 2010, 17:49 by rubysparklesLast.FM Milestones1st track: (<small class="lighter">2 Jan 2007</small>)
The Slits - I Heard It Through The Grapevine
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/29273157.jpg1000th track: (<small class="lighter">19 Jan 2007</small>)
Ryan Adams - Carolina Rain
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/159825.jpg2000th track: (<small class="lighter">15 Feb 2007</small>)
The Long Blondes - A Knife for the Girls
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/7830783.jpg3000th track: (<small class="lighter">15 Mar 2007</small>)
Rilo Kiley - Go Ahead
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/2755922.jpg4000th track: (<small class="lighter">25 Apr 2007</small>)
Ryan Adams - Wild Flowers
http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/252/159825.jpg5000th track: (<small class="lighter">27 May 2007</small>)
Patrick Wolf - I Just Wasn't Made For These Times
1 Oct 2009, 14:03 by hdsanderMy friend bisa inspired me to listen to new wave again and I started to create a playlist of favorite songs of that genre/period. Many more or less important artists are missing here simply because I don't have any music of them, anyhow, it is already an epic mix with 1000 minutes of pure new wave pleasure.
Dieter's New Wave music, 2nd edition, shuffle:
- Joy Division - Insight
- A Flock of Seagulls - Wishing (I Had a Photograph of You)
- Echo & the Bunnymen - Bring On The Dancing Horses
- Bananarama - Cruel Summer
- Flash and the Pan - Midnight Man
- Talking Heads - Road to Nowhere
- The Undertones - Teenage Kicks
- Siouxsie and the Banshees - Cities in Dust
- Talking Heads - And She Was
- Erasure - Stop
- The Boomtown Rats - I Don't Like Mondays
- Howard Jones - New Song
- Men at Work - Down Under
- Blondie - The Tide Is High
- Joy Division - Transmission
- Joy Division - Insight
29 Aug 2008, 04:49 by RyanPCAs many of you might already know, Blondie is my favorite band of all-time, and I think Debbie Harry is the coolest, sexiest female to ever walk the earth. So I've decided to compile a list of my 50 favorite Blondie songs, in order of preference. You'll notice that I didn't shy away from including a lot of their hits on my list (*cough* Call Me *cough*), because I love all of their stuff pretty much equally, although I do have a preference for songs from the first wave of their existence (1976-1982). I haven't ever really written about music before, so I thought I would give it a shot. However, because I'm a lazy fuck, I decided to explain only the first five:
1. Call Me - For me, this track is the definition of sex. I'm gayer than Paul Lynde (okay, I am exaggerating -- not many people are gayer than Paul Lynde), but when Debbie pleads for me to cover her with kisses, baby, I am completely willing to do so. Or maybe I just want to fuck Richard Gere (circa 1980, of course).
23 Jul 2008, 23:34 by warren33Released in 1981, The Best of Blondie is not a definitive singles compilation, but it is the perfect set for those who need a Blondiegrab bag of the biggest hits and a couple of album cuts. Although classified as a new wave band, Blondie were really genre-bending hitmakers. In just the first three tracks, they start off with a disco song ("Heart of Glass") move on the pop-punk ("Dreaming" - which seems to have laid the groundwork for The Go-Gos) and reggae (their cover of John Holt's "The Tide Is High," which, a little research reveals is actually a soca song, because of its origins in Trinidad, not Jamaica).
Consuming it all at once, as I am right now, I realise just how - sweet - this collection is. Blondie may have started out as a CBGB punk band, but they didn't stick with that genre for very long (unlike contemporaries The Ramones). Who can blame a band though - there's no money in punk (once again, see The Ramones).
27 Feb 2008, 18:16 by ascola
6 Dec 2006, 17:08 by arcticbabeName your top 10 most played bands on Last.fm:
2. Arctic Monkeys
3. The Sounds
5. Justin Timberlake
6. Lily Allen
8. Gnarls Barkley
9. Sahara Hotnights
10. Sugarplum Fairy
Now answer the questions according to the numbers:
-- what was the first song you ever heard by 6?
LDN oder Knock 'em Out
-- what is your favourite album of 2?
Gibt ja nur eins... Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not
-- what is your favourite lyric that 5 has sung?
"If I wrote you a symphony
just to say how much you mean to me ...
...now, if I wrote you a love note
And made you smile with every word I wrote"
-- how many times have you seen 4 live?
lol.kein einziges mal.
-- what is your favourite song by 7?
Dreaming und Detroit 442 Dass "One way or another" sooft gespielt wurde, ist nicht meine Schuld.
-- what is a good memory you have considering the music of 10?
ha, im grunde denk ich da immer an die vielen netten konzerte..
1 Sep 2006, 12:54 by ekg75
11 May 2006, 16:04 by crazyrachThis is similar to the pick a artist and answer all the questions with song titles, but I have the need to be creative and I answered each number with the corresponding number from my charts (ie: my #1 artist for the first question, my #2 for the second...)
 Are you male or female?
 Describe yourself?
I Go to Extremes
 How do you feel about yourself?
Imitation Of Life
 Describe what you are thinking right now?
I'm So Tired
 Describe your current boyfriend/girlfriend?
This Song Has No Title
 Describe your last boyfriend/girlfriend?
Accidentally in Love
 Describe where you currently live?
Back to the Old House
 If you could go anywhere, where would you go?
 Your best friend is?
I'll Be There For You
 What would you ask for if you had just one wish?
 You know that:
This Is Not America
 What's the weather like?
You Never Know