There are at least eight bands with the name Black Rain:
1) Black Rain, the NYC post punk / industrial group began in ‘89 with Stuart Argabright, Bones, Shin Shimokawa , Thom Furtado and Dave Vulcan, emerging out of the ruins of seminal post-punk outfit Ike Yard. After playing CBGB’s, The Bank, Tompkins Square Park show commemorating the Riots there and the last G.G. Allin show at the Gas Station on LES ( Lungcast cassette ), this phase of the group went on to work in the Studio with Roy Mayorga (Thorn / StoneSour ) on drums and guitar riffage. Phase two was a more electronic project between collaborators Stuart and Shinichi, releasing two albums running the gamut of electro, drum & bass, ambient, and industrial on Fifth Colvmn records. Aside from “1.0” in 1995 and “Nanarchy” in 1996, they also asked to create the score of the audiobook 10th anniversary edition of Neuromancer as read by William Gibson. This last record, ‘Now I’m Just a Number: Soundtracks 1994-1995’, has just been re-released by London label Blackest Ever Black.
2) Electronic music producers Robert Haigh (also known as Omni Trio) and Sean O’Keeffe (also known as Deep Blue), whose style closely resembles the minimalist electronic/drum & bass sounds that both artists are known for individually. Black Rain’s only major release has been the album All Tomorrow’s Food, released by Scale Records in 2003.
3) A two piece band with Ant Moore on guitar and vocals and the newest member Lara Jade on vocals. Soon the songs will be re-recorded and a few new ones to add to the mix. Most of the recordings have been at Robanna’s Studio in Birmingham.
See also: http://www.purevolume.com/blackrain and http://www.myspace.com/blackrainuk for more info and free downloads.
4) Black Rain is (was?) a fairly obscure California band that played catchy melodic hard rock.
Ty Christensen - Vocals
Galvan Steele - Guitars
Jay Linthicum – Bass
Shawn Logan - Guitars
Joe Bonzi - Drums
5) A black metal band from the Czech Republic (now split up)
6) A death metal band from Canada
7) A heavy metal band from Brazil
Edited by chewtoy on 1 Jan 2013, 21:50
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.