1. An Australian gothic metal band, formed in 2007 after the disbanding of Chalice.
2. An alias of German DJ and producer Daniel Holc (Ascii.Disko).
3. A melodic metalcore band from Ii, Finland, formed in 2006.
1. Black Orchid is a progressive metal band with gothic and symphonic influences from Adelaide, Australia.
The band began in January 2007 formed by guitarist/song writer Justin Hartwig formerly of Australian gothic metal band Chalice. After 9 years and 4 international releases (“Chronicles Of Dysphoria” (2000), “An Illusion To The Temporary Real” (2001), “Augmented” (2003) & “The Calm That Was The Storm” (2006) on Modern Invasion Music), Chalice members Sean Graetz, Simon Henderson and Mat Enright joined by keyboardist Gareth Chin and vocalist Abby Skye completed the newly formed band.
With the experience gained from supporting artists such as Opeth, Mayhem, Leaves’ Eyes and touring overseas, the members of Black Orchid endeavour to present their music to the world stage through the release of their debut recording Inertia. Incorporating the passion of Nightwish, the drama of Opeth and the atmospherics of Pink Floyd, Black Orchid’s “Inertia” combines all the right elements for a band on the verge of great things.
2. Black Orchid is another project of Daniel Holc who is also known as Ascii.Disko. The music can be described as melancholic indie pop with an ambient sound.
3. Black Orchid is a melodic metalcore, allthough this isn’t the right genre but it matches closest, band from Ii, Finland. The band was found in 2006. The band cosists Niko(vocals), Jenna (bass), Jari (drums), Arttu (guitar) and Sauli (guitar)
Edited by arrell on 25 Apr 2009, 12:16
Sources (view history)
Official Black Orchid’s website
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.