10. Aug. 2012, 13:43 von Sinnocents
1. Mär. 2012, 3:11 von Denorius19913 Doors Down "Away from the Sun"
Alestorm "Black Sails at Midnight"
Alestorm "Back Through Time"
Alice Cooper "Greatest Hits"
Alice Cooper "Spark In The Dark"
Amon Amarth "The Crusher"
Amon Amarth "Versus The World"
Amon Amarth "Fate of Norns"
Amon Amarth "With Oden On Our Side"
Amon Amarth "Twilight of the Thunder God"
Amon Amarth "Surtur Rising"
Amon Amarth "Deceiver of the Gods"
Amorphis "The Beginning of Times"
As I Lay Dying "An Ocean Between Us"
At The Gates "Slaughter of the Soul"
At The Gates "At War With Reality"
Barren Earth "Curse Of The Red River"
Before The Dawn "My Darkness"
Before The Dawn "Soundscape Of Silence"
Before The Dawn "Deadlight"
Before The Dawn "Deathstar Rising"
19. Jun. 2011, 12:44 von ZadionApocalaya
12. Dez. 2010, 10:09 von Amonamarther
18. Okt. 2009, 17:11 von JamesRobert87My Top Albums in random order:
Fallout - Slumber
Portal Of I - Ne Obliviscaris
Above the Weeping World - Insomnium
Empyrean - Mechina
Skylight - Atoma
Inherit The Eden - Hanging Garden
The Gallery - Dark Tranquillity
Cradle Of Insanity - Serpent
A Determinism of Morality - Rosetta
Ultimate Instinct - Intestine Baalism
Slaughter of the Soul - At the Gates
3. Jul. 2009, 11:03 von RomevilAgain a year has passed and it's time to take a look back. During my first year here I counted that I found 20 new artists and there were 28 bands that I really liked. This year the numbers aren't that great, partly since I have already discovered so much great music and partly since playing any station costs me nowadays. So all the new music pretty much comes from my brother. But let's get this thing going.
In my last yearly survey I mentioned Diablo and KYPCK as newest up and comers. Especially Diablo hit me big time and quickly made it's way to my top 8 (that clearly stood out of the rest). Looking at my lastgraph (which is a great service, I love it!) after the Diablo's peak there's a rush of In Flames before the rise of a new dominance. I'm talking, of course, about Saattue. Both of these artists I found thanks to my brother and as I have previously marked I really got caught up with Saattue because of the striking similarity of Into The Sea and Hyiseen Veteen which I both absolutely love. …
31. Dez. 2008, 14:41 von MATI9630yeah, yeah, update #10 Aug '10
Ok, comments where needed.
A Sense of Purpose - In Flames 7/10
Acoustic Strings Quartet - Chainsaw 8/10
Act of Grace - Virgin Snatch 8/10
Afterparty - Cool Kids Of Death 7,5/10
angL - Ihsahn 8/10
Appeal to Reason - Rise Against 7,5/10
Arcade - Machinae Supremacy 7,5/10
One of 3 albums by MaSu(Fury and Origin also) which were released in 2008 for download only, but they contain their older songs.
Architect Of Lies - Mercenary 8/10
Autoscopia / Murder In Phazes - Blindead 8/10
BC13 - Brokencyde 0/10
no, seriously. the worst thing i've ever heard. even limp bizkit is listenable while compared to this abomination
Black Ice - AC/DC 7/10
Black River - Black River 9/10
Bleach OST III - Shiro Sagisu 7/10
Blooddrunk - Children of Bodom 8/10
Bullet in Your Head - Made of Hate 8/10
Captain Morgan's Revenge - Alestorm 8/10
Carved In Stone - Rage 8,5/10
Chinese Democracy - Guns N' Roses - 7/10
Death Magnetic - Metallica 7/10
30. Dez. 2008, 16:52 von Phoenix-5The year 2008 was one that brought darkness, despair, and quite frankly a few great albums and some that were far sub par to what I would have expected from some musicians.
Honorable Mention Albums
Bloodbath - The Fathomless Mastery
Infinitum - Behold Eradication
Draconian - Turning Season Within
Opeth - Watershed
Ihsahn - angL
Mercenary - Architect Of Lies
Top 10 Albums
10. Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
9. Murder By Death - Red Of Tooth And Claw
8. Sculptured - Embodiment
7. Before the Dawn - Soundscape Of Silence
6. Daylight Dies - Lost to the Living
5. Dark Suns - Grave Human Genuine
4. Warrel Dane - Praises To The War Machine
3. Moonspell - Night Eternal
2. Woods of Ypres - Woods III: Deepest Roots and Darkest Blues
1. Virgin Black - Requiem - Fortissimo
Year of the EP
Agalloch - The White
Swallow the Sun - Plague of Butterflies
Bloodbath - Unblessing The Purity
Moonsorrow - Tulimyrsky
Top Songs of the Year
5. Nov. 2008, 19:57 von ZaihouOne year ago finnish melodeath band Before the Dawn released it's previous album Deadlight that proved, that along with a new singer The Ghost brought a new style that had come to stay. Soundscape Of Silence is not an exception as it not only fill but expand the "new" sound of BTD.
What has changed in a year is, that synths have gain more room in the songs, but still play only a backing role and clean/acoustic guitars are used more often. Another change is Lars Eikind's vocals, that have come more steady and low toned. Still it¨s undoubtably a BTD album and one of their best; a total must-buy for every BTD fan!
8. Okt. 2008, 0:56 von gunleikExample:
Genre (Additional genre)
- Band - Album (EP/split/itunes)
(town, country: if there're several bands with same name / former band name: if they've changed it)
- Sevendust - Chapter VII:Hope & Sorrow (Allmusic 3/5; Bullz-Eye.com 4/5)
- Kekal - Audible Minority
- A Forest of Stars - The Corpse of Rebirth
- Aisling - Stone of Light
- Besatt - Diabolic Altar (EP)
- Cor Scorpii - Monument
- Darkspace - Darkspace III
- Darkthrone - Dark Thrones and Black Flags
- Horna - Sanojesi Äärelle
- Koldbrann - Stigma: På Kant Med Livet (EP)
- Mirrorthrone - Gangrene
- Nortt - Galgenfrist
- Paragon Belial - Nosferathu Sathanis
- Paysage d'Hiver - Schnee
- Satyricon - The Age of Nero
- Stormlord - Mare Nostrum
- Taake - Taake
- Woods of Ypres - Woods 3
Black metal (Depressive)