There are at least three artists sharing this name:
1) US emo band from 1995 to 2002
2) Spanish indie band formed in 2001
3) And an australian post-grunge band
1) "Bedford was around from 1995-2002. We played a lot of shows in basements, Fire Halls and clubs, put out a bunch of records, saw the country, made lots of friends and had a hell of a lot of fun. It was a great time to be around.
We went on to do some other things with our lives, like playing in An Albatross, the Sw!ms, M-80, getting a few college degrees including a Masters from Yale, touring all over the world, and turning 30. It ain't been bad so far."
2) This spanish band arose at the end of 2001 in Malaga. By that time they were called Sonnet. Their main aim was to version bands such as The Verve, Oasis or Velvet Colour Scene and play these versions acoustic in some of their city’s pubs.
After a year, Pablo, Víctor, David and Juan decided to go further starting a compositive stage. In this new fase they aquired a new name Yellow Brand as well as a new band member: Juanjo(drums). After recording their first ep ‘yellow brand’ they decided to end a cycle.
They had a two months break, after which David (guitar) and Juan (bass & singer) started to qualify their project. By that time they decided to change the name od the band to Bedford. Alejandro(guitar) and Patricio(drums) joined the band. After rehearsing some months, they launched an ep ‘First Step’ recorded by Sunday Morning Records. They do a british style pop-rock influenced by Star Sailor, Jeff Buckley and Suede.
At the end of 2005 Patricio is replaced by Kike (drums) making up the actual and definitive band formation.
3) Bedford are a new and exciting hard hitting rock band reigning from Melbourne, Australia. Blowing away audiences the world over with their melodic radio friendly rock tunes, they blaze a live show with reckless abandon and tunes so catchy they’ll hit you in the not so funny bone days later. Bedford deliver a comlplete rock n roll package back to a stage where rockstars once tread. With songs like ‘Reflection’ in their pockets, it is no wonder they are so quietly confident. Reminiscent of bands like Matchbox 20, The Goo Goo Dolls, and The Tea Party, Bedford have an easily recognisable sound that is pop enough for radio, and heavy enough to appeal to a younger audience with a taste for grit and grime without the contrivity. Frontman David Trimboli is thought of by many as the love child of Lenny Kravitz and Chris Cornell, although he is Egyptian. With a voice that glides between velvety melodies and raspy rock accompanied by crunching guitar sounds, it isn’t any wonder that fans can’t get enough of Bedford’s music. With ten killer tracks that range from solid hard rock to melodic power pop ballads such as ‘Pray’, Bedford re visits the old school of rock where they revel in a time before clinical production, digital enhancements and electric keyboards. Bedford ARE the real deal and have the awards to prove it. 2006 Winners of the LA Music Awards for ‘I Am Alive’ single. They are in this game for the right reasons and it shows. Real songs, that are sung with a voice that is exemplary of past hurts and real life experiences, all of which have been brought to the table and laid out for everyone to see. Bedford have travelled the world over and worked with reknowned producers Lindsay Gravina and Tommy Denander and Bo Reimer to bring you their new album “Right Now.” Now signed with Oracle Vision Publishing Inc, Bedford are sure to take world by storm. Hitch a ride!!