22 Jul 2012, 13:12 by patteroast
5 Jul 2012, 16:44 by patteroastIt's probably clear by now that I really enjoy making lists, much more than I probably should. To further prove this, I've used the top-songs-by-album lists to help me construct other lists! The result? An actual list of my favorite songs by any specific artist. Am I overthinking this? Absolutely! On to the list: my top fifty favorite Barenaked Ladies songs.
01) Thanks That Was Fun from Disc One: All Their Greatest Hits (1991-2001) (2001)
02) Pinch Me from Maroon (2000)
03) Aluminum from Everything to Everyone (2003)
04) Brian Wilson from Rock Spectacle (1996)
05) Great Provider from Maybe You Should Drive (1994)
06) Unfinished from Everything to Everyone (2003)
07) Take It Back from Barenaked Ladies Are Me (2006)
08) Crazy from Gordon (1992)
09) Falling For The First Time from Maroon (2000)
10) Powder Blue from Pinch Me (2000)
11) Light Up My Room from Stunt (1998)
12) These Apples from Maybe You Should Drive (1994)
13) I Know from Born on a Pirate Ship (1996)
17 Jan 2012, 05:07 by patteroastHey. In the spirit of all things list-y, and since I was quite pleased with the album list I'd put together, I decided to try my hand at something similar for songs. And since ranking all songs, even by one artist, would be a huge headache and probably impossible, I narrowed my scope to my favorite songs on each album, starting with Barenaked Ladies! There are a few artists that I'm interested enough in to do this with, so I'll probably have a few more posts after this, if I like how it goes. Albums selected by the highly scientific method of 'what I feel like picking'. I also might be a little liberal with cut songs released on special editions. Let's get started!
Buck Naked (1989):
Favorite song: Careless
"I wish I had a nickname/like Crusher, Snake, or Kenneth/'cause guys with nicknames always get the gals/When I grow up I'll name my children/Alice, Albert, and Alfred/I'll call them for supper like this: Dinner's ready Als!"