Style: Powerful and Exciting Electric-Acoustic with Exceptional Vocals and a Strong Lyrical Talent.
Bio: Backseat Angel is an exciting electric-acoustic duo who formed at Northumbria University in October ’06. After finishing their first home recorded EP their popularity boosted and there was demand to finish the album. Along with the first album and finishing second in the North-East’s Busk idol came the opportunities of Headlining at both Northumbria and Newcastle University. In June the band professionally recorded a 6 track EP which is now available on iTunes and picking up hundreds of sales in America and Australia mainly through MySpace advertising. In summer ’07 the band toured London the Midlands and won a competition to Headline a set at Nokia’s Rock Up and Play Tent at the Carling Leeds Festival. Backseat Angel are playing at huge monthly showcases and are being promoted on local radio stations and the internet. The Band’s popularity continues to grow as one of the most credible band for their originality, lyrical talent, stage presence and media friendly look.
“Just great! These guys definitively have a future in the music industry” (Scott mills – BBC Radio 1)
“Really strong songs. Incisive bitter-sweet lyrics. Makes me think of an English Dashboard Confessional” (Paul Harris: b-unique, signed Kaiser chiefs and the Automatic)
“ A fantastic duo, brilliant songs performed with real passion” (Anthony Simpson - BBC Newcastle)
“If only I was this good when I was their age!” (Danny McNamara - Embrace)
• First champions to be on BBC3 Television through a huge public vote in BBC Upstaged talent competition.
• Backseat Angel’s song “Newcastle” was voted no. 3 by the public in the top ten favourite tracks of the BBC Upstaged show.
• Selected amongst hundreds of acts for Sound 08 at the “Sage” Gateshead and delivered a memorable performance at the Sage.
• Reached the semi-finals of the “Live and Unsigned” in Newcastle.
• Backseat Angel’s song “Civil War” was played on BBC radio Newcastle.
• Backseat Angel’s song “Thousand Words To Engage With” was played at UK Unsigned radio.
Backseat Angel is currently unsigned and is looking for genuine interest from record labels.
Afnan – lead singer, guitarist, composer/songwriter
Joel – guitarist, composer, song writer
Releases : Backseat Angel – (self titled album) ‘07
Backseat Angel – My Beautiful Block Tower EP ’07-available on “iTunes” for download
Check out Backseat Angel’s upcoming gigs and new electro tracks on:
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Edited by backseatangel on 22 May 2008, 23:17
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.