They released their first single in 1979 with the songs “Balkan” and “A šta da radim”. The first, self-titled, album, published in 1980, achieved commercial success and popularized Azra in Yugoslavia. Azra recorded their last studio album “Između krajnosti” in 1987. In 1988 the band recorded a 4LP live album under the name “Zadovoljština” (Satisfaction). They disbanded in 1990.
Štulić recorded another three albums in Houten, Netherlands, where he currently resides. He lives a secluded life and is often the target of reporters seeking an interview (most often unsuccesfully).
A 2003 rock documentary, Sretno dijete (Happy Child, the title of a Prljavo Kazalište song) depicts Azra as the central figure of the rock scene in Yugoslavia during the 1980s, along with the influential Bijelo dugme.
Even until today, Azra has remained very popular among youth in the countries of former Yugoslavia, unlike many other new wave bands which are now considered, more or less, historical examples.
- Balkan (The Balkans), A šta da radim (What am I supposed to do) - (Jugoton 1979)
- Lijepe žene prolaze kroz grad (Pretty women passing through the town), Poziv na ples (The Invitation to dance), Suzy F.- (Jugoton, 1980)
- Đoni, budi dobar (Johnny B. Good), Teško vrijeme (The Difficult Times) - (Jugoton 1982)
- E, pa što (So what), Sloboda (The Freedom), Gluperde lutaju daleko (Jerks wander far) - (Jugoton 1982)
- Nemir i strast (Restlessness and passion), Doviđenja na Vlaškom drumu (Farewell on the Vlashka road) - (Jugoton 1983)
- Azra - (Jugoton, 1980)
- Sunčana strana ulice (The Sunny side of the street) - (Double - Jugoton, 1981)
- Ravno do dna (Straight to the bottom) - (Double Live - Jugoton, 1982)
- Filigranski pločnici (The Filigree Sidewalks) - (Double - Jugoton, 1982)
- Kad fazani lete (When pheasants fly) - (Jugoton, 1983)
- Krivo srastanje (The Mistaken Sublimation) - (Jugoton, 1984)
- It Ain’t Like in the Movies At All - (Triple - Diskoton, 1986)
- Između krajnosti (In Between Extremes) - (Jugoton, 1987)
- Zadovoljština (‘Satisfaction’) - (Quadruple Live, 1988)
- Zadovoljština (Zagreb, Live Concert, 1988)
- Das Ist Johnny (Sarajevo, Live Film, 1991)
Edited by pushmi-pullyu on 7 Nov 2013, 08:08
Sources (view history)
It is my favorite band, this information is 100% correct.
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
- Formed in
- Split in
- Founded in
- Zagreb, Croatia
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.