5 Feb 2014, 22:01 by Jamesismynamo
19 May 2009, 01:30 by esc4p1stI recently realized, when one of my best friends moved to London, that I could now go see my favorite bands without too much effort. And my March trip for This Town Needs Guns and Emilíana Torrini definitely left me wanting more. Looking for an appropriate time for a repeat appearance, I came upon adjacent dates for Kyte - the Leicester-based post-rock band who released 2008's best album - and Johnny Foreigner - my most recent favorite in the UK math pop scene. And coincidentally, Swedish screamo outfit Suis La Lune were to give one of their rare performances - the first one in a major Swedish city since 2006, I believe - in Stockholm the next day. It was all too good to miss! And I couldn't have scripted it better, each night proving more memorable than the one before.
This extended weekend of musical indulgence got an early start with Wednesday's Goo Nite club at the Buffalo Bar in Islington. A Last.fm event recommendation, it featured three British post-rock acts, all previously unknown to me. …
25 Feb 2008, 09:08 by x_Tamerlane_x1. How did you get into 30?
There isn't really a "30" so I'll just say Iggy Pop. XD
By the book "Please Kill Me" by Legs McGeil.
2. What was the first song you ever heard by 22?
Again... no real 22...so, Number Twelve Looks Like You.
Document Grace Budd
3. What's your favorite lyric by 33?
What the fuck is with this?! No 33 either!
Well, How about Death from Above 1979... an article in Amp magazine.
4. What is your favorite album by 49? Shit...you know.
Preschool Tea Party Massacre. Um... I don't know. XD
5. How many albums by 13 do you own? The Clash. And since I'm dirt poor, only 2.
6. What is your favorite song by 50? The Appleseed Cast. A Dream for Us.
7. Is there a song by 39 that makes you sad? The Weasel King? What do you think? XDD
8. What is your favorite song by 15? This is easy! Dead Kennedys... California Uber Alles
9. What is your favorite song by 5? Kozi? Umm... Can't choose... it's really the whole Izayoi no Tsuki album.