Composer Alvin Curran (born 13 December 1938 in Providence, Rhode Island) is the co-founder, with Frederic Rzewski and Richard Teitelbaum, of Musica Elettronica Viva, and a former student of Elliott Carter. Curran's music often makes use of electronics and environmental found sounds.
* Electric Rags II (1989) New Albion Records, with Rova Saxophone Quartet.
* Songs and Views of the Magnetic Garden (1975/1993) Catalyst Records, performed, synthesized, recorded and mixed by Alvin Curran.
* Schtyx (1994) CRI. Performed by the Abel Steinberg Winant Trio. VSTO (string quartet) performed by David Abel, first violin, Sharon Wood, second violin, Meg Tichener viola, and Dina Weinschelbaum, cello.
* Animal Behaviour (1995) Tzadik.
* Theme Park (1998) Tzadik.
* Lost Marbles (2004) Tzadik.
* "Toto Angelica" (2005) I Dischi di Angelica.
* "Inner Cities" (2005), played by Daan Vandewalle, piano, Long Distance Records
* "Maritime Rites," ten environmental concerts produced for National Public Radio. 1984, reissue 2004, New World Records
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.