1) AK and Issa Gold grew up just a few blocks from each other in Flatbush, Brooklyn. The duo first met in 2007, after AK’s friend Jacob brought Gold to his house one day to smoke marijuana, where they clicked instantly and discussed psychedelic drugs, which they would later do together along with Juice and Meechy of Flatbush Zombies.
2) AK is a producer of electronic bass music hailing from San Francisco, CA. His first release ‘tekmusiq’ is an experimental released described as ‘maximalism’ and ‘non-repetitive music based in repetition.’ His style is a unique blend of glitch, IDM, dubstep, bass, glitch hop, and guitar music. AK is an active music educator and releases tutorials on youtube around production techniques for Ableton Live.
3) AK / 組合 (陳奕＆沈建宏) is a Taiwanese duo consisting of Andy Chen (陳奕) and Kris Shen (沈建宏). They debuted in May 2010 with their album WOW.
4) AK aka Bruce LeRoy is an hip-hop artist from Los Angeles, CA.
Official Myspace: https://myspace.com/dontsleeponak
Official twitter: https://twitter.com/the1andonlyAK
5) AK / 柿原朱美(Akemi Kakihara) is singer, songwriter, and producer from Japan, living in New York City since 2001. AK’s latest & first dance collection album “SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME - Best of NY Sweet Electro” was released from EMI Music Japan on August 25, 2010, reached No.1 on the both Single & Album Dance Chart on iTunes Japan.
Latest single “Heaven Is Right Here” collaborated with Ananda Project, was just released worldwide by Nite Grooves, USA on September 12, 2011.
AK grew up listening to various styles of music like jazz, film music and crossover, and started writing songs as she was inspired by Eumir Deodato.
AK released 8 original albums on Polystar label under her former name “柿原朱美 (Akemi Kakihara)” while writing songs for other Japanese artists such as 今井美樹 (Miki Imai) and 原田知世 (Tomoyo Harada).
She then signed to TOSHIBA-EMI (now EMI Music Japan) in 1998 as “AK” and released 4 self produced albums, “YES” “DREAMIN’” “LOVE” and “AK TRILOGY”.
2001 saw AK relocated in NY where she marked her US debut on King Street Sounds with the single “Say That You Love Me” remixed by Francois K & Eric Kupper. The single was soon picked up by the renowned DJs at Body & Soul including Francois K, Danny Krivit and Little “Louie” Vega, and consequently hit the top of the charts from around the world.
Following the 2nd US single “No One Else” (2003), “Shining Your Way” was released in 2007 in collaboration with Jephte Guillaume and again ranked at various charts. Further Top 10 successes were followed with “Beautiful Sunrise” (2007 with STUDIO APARTMENT), “I’ll Be There” (2008 with Sound Around) and a Stevie Wonder cover “Golden Lady” (2008).
In September 2008, AK got married with the legendary Body & Soul resident DJ Danny Krivit.
AK further collaborated with Anan Ryoko on “All Day, All Night, Always” which reached No. 1 on iTunes Dance Charts after its release in March 2010. “Heaven Is Right Here” marked AK’s first collaboration with Ananda Project and was released as the 4th US single in July 2010.
“SAY THAT YOU LOVE ME – Best of NY Sweet Electro”, the Best Of collection of AK’s dance/house/electro offerings, hits the stores on August 25, 2010, including the collaborations with a splendid lineup of artists. Reached No. 1 on the both Single & Album Dance Chart on iTunes Japan.
Having released over 200 songs across her 13 original albums and those that she has written and produced for various artists, the Japan-born diva keeps the music coming from the city of New York to the world, crossing over the boundaries of R&B, hip hop and dance.
Official website: http://www.emimusic.jp/ak/
Official facebook: http://www.facebook.com/AKakemikakihara
Official twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/AK_akemiK
Official soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ak-akemi-kakihara
Edited by AK-tunes on 21 Nov 2014, 01:07
Sources (view history)
AK - San Francisco Producer
Official website: http://www.emimusic.jp/ak/ , https://myspace.com/dontsleeponak , http://www.jpopasia.com/group/ak/
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.
From other sources.