Although they never found much success and received mixed reviews, TrouserPress applauded their enigmatic style, “provocative subject matter, crystalline production and flawless playing” and likened them to Wang Chung and Ultravox.
Andy Jarman is now performing solo as Southern Arts Society and released a record featuring contributions from members of Piano Magic. A tour of Spain is underway for 2007.
A Popular History of Signs Discography:
- Justice Not Vengeance / Possession (7”) Melodia Records 1980
- Crowds / Crossing The Border (7”) Melodia Records 1981
- If She Was A Car (12”) Jungle Records 1983
- Body & Soul (7”) Jungle Records 1984
- Body & Soul (12”) Jungle Records 1984
- Comrades (LP) Jungle Records 1984
- Ladder Jack (12”) Wax Trax! Records 1984
- England In The Rain (LP) Jungle Records 1988
- England In The Rain (LP) Dame Dame Records 1988
Their most “popular” tracks, “Crowds” and “Guernica” were featured on the New Wave Complex compilations.
Edited by zappascout on 24 Jan 2013, 16:08
Sources (view history)
Registered users can edit this page. Sign up now, it’s free and you will discover so much great music :)
Generated from facts marked up in the wiki.
No facts about this artist
You can also view a list of all recent wiki changes.