28 Dec 2009, 20:43 by Chug-A-Lug
10 Sep 2009, 18:49 by RissanWed 9 Sep – A Flock of Seagulls
It was 25 years ago that A Flock of Seagulls played in the Netherlands. Then at the Noorderligt in Tilburg, this time it was at the Paradiso in Amsterdam. In all those years a lot has changed. The 'new romantics' was at its highlights, and A Flock of Seagulls had scored a small hit with The More You Live The More You Love, and Mike Score was a fashion icon with his hairstyle.
Nowadays it is a band living on the fame of their early eigthies hit I Ran, which became a hugh top ten hit in the US, but hardly did anything in the Netherlands. It were the singles Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You), and The More You Live The More You Love which gave the band some success overhere.
It also is a band that consists of a founder member accompanied by new members. Of the original band only Mike Score is present, accompanied by Joe Rodriguez on guitar, Pando on bass and Michael Brahm on drums. The sound of the band was heavy but very well balanced…
20 Feb 2009, 21:08 by mayskaya(01) Throbbing Gristle * United * United / Zyklon B Zombie [7", Single] * 1978
(02) The Residents * Love Is.. * Commercial Album * 1980
(03) Gary Numan & Tubeway Army * Down in the Park * Replicas * 1979
(04) Fad Gadget * Coitus Interruptus * Fireside Favourites * 1980
(05) Fad Gadget * For Whom The Bells Toll * Under The Flag * 1982
(06) Soft Cell * Youth * Non-Stop Erotic Cabaret * 1981
(07) The Human League * Seconds * Dare! * 1982
(08) D.A.F. * Der Mussolini * Alles Ist Gut * 1981
(09) Depeche Mode * Photographic * Touring The Angel - Stadionul National "Lia Manoliu", Bucuresti, Romania * 2006
(10) A Flock Of Seagulls * Wishing (If I Had a Photograph of You) * Listen * 1983
(11) Men Without Hats * The Safety Dance * Rhythm of Youth * 1982
10 Oct 2006, 19:02 by kingofgriefI've been seeing this quiz pop up in several journals (most notably Carali's) and I thought I'd drum something up along those lines. Here's how it works:
Step 1: Put your MP3 player or whatever on random.
Step 2: Post the first line from the first 50 songs that play, no matter how embarrassing the song.
Step 3: Post and let everyone you know guess what song and artist the lines come from.
Step 4: Italicize the songs when someone guesses correctly.
Step 5: Looking them up on Google or any other search engine is CHEATING!
I'm narrowing the range in step 1 down to one of my 80s folders in the interest of not getting too obscure and keeping it thematic. Also, if the title appears in whole or in part in the opening line, I skipped it.
Ready? Here goes...
1. The silicon chip inside her head gets switched to overload I Don't Like Mondays
2. Well I woke up this morning I was feeling fine
3. See her laughing, talking, she's walking to the factory
4. So windy and cold
8 Oct 2006, 18:04 by Babs_05Yayy for embedded videos!
This is my collection of the great and the good.
It is still closed to comments as I am still working on it, but I think there is enough here for people to start enjoying.
These are all songs I want to hear again and again. The journal originally started as a central place for me to put my videos so I can chill out with a cup of tea and press play without having to think too hard.
Now though, I think it's become a personal journal and I think I've unearthed some gems in terms of footage, so I thought I'd start sharing.
Hope it's enjoyable anyway. : )
NB: if the video doesn't start playing, click on the video screen again to go straight to the footage on YouTube.
Toronto Tabla Group
Bassnectar & Kraddy
Nothing Compares 2 U
Ask the Mountains (Extended Version)
11 Aug 2006, 17:28 by RubenAzarja