You are viewing an old version of this wiki. View the latest version.
Rain (birth name: Jeong Ji-Hoon, 정지훈) born on 25 June 1982 in Seoul, is a male Korean R&B and pop singer. He is well-known in East Asia as a leading star of the Korean wave in places such as Korea, Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, mainland China, and Thailand. He is widely known for his roles in the follwing Korean dramas: Let's go to School, Sangdoo; Full House; and A Love to Kill. He was originally part of the group called Fanclub.
Although his stage name is an English word, in Korea (비) and Japan (ピ), his name is, although spelled as Bi, is pronounced as mixture between the B and P sounds, ultimately sounding more like Pi (like the letter P) than Bi (like the letter B), which is the Korean transliteration of the word "rain". While outside Korea and Japan, the English pronunciation Rain prevails.
He has released five albums so far, four of them being Korean releases and one being his Japanese release "Eternal Rain."
* Height: 185cm
* Weight: 75kg
* Blood Type: O
* Nickname: puppy (Collie)
* Debut: April 28, 2002
* Family Relation: Father and Little Sister (Mother died when he was 18)
* Favorite Colors: White, Black and Red
* Favorite Genre: R & B, Hip Hop, Funky, Jazz
* Favorite Actors: Charlie Chaplin & Han Suk-Kyu
* Favorite Musicians: Michael Jackson, Janet Jackson & Usher
* Hobbies: Watching movies, listening to music, collecting shoes and caps
* Favorite Sports: Basketball, swimming, snowboarding
* Favorite Motto: Endless effort, Endless endurance, Endless modesty
In October of 2006, Rain will debut in America with his first english album, rumored to have connections with P. Diddy, Omarion as well as others may put him in a good spot as he's working on his english night and day, perfecting it, planning to take over the U.S.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.