Ami Koshimizu (小清水 亜美, Koshimizu Ami?, born February 15, 1986) is a female seiyū and is affiliated with Production Baobab management. She was born in the city of Kokubunji in Tokyo Prefecture. Her blood type is AB, her height is 168 cm (about 5'6") and her weight is 48 kg.
* She graduated from Aomori Yamada High School. Due to her tall stature, she was often described as having model-like features by her classmates.
* She was once part of the theatrical company, Gekidan Wakakusa before joining Production Baobab.
* From her tenure in the Gekidan Wakakusa theatrical company, she was influenced by senior member Mayumi Iizuka to persue her career as a seiyū.
* She debuted as the voice of Nadja Applefield from Ashita no Nadja when she won an audition during her second year of high school.
* She has been praised for her ability to voice roles ranging from taciturn to tsundere personalities.
* In the first Seiyū Awards held on March 3, 2007, she won the award for best actress in a supporting role for her portrayal of Karen Stadtfeld in Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion.
* She is co-hosting the radio program Comchat Countdown with Takahiro Sakurai.
* She often wears contact lenses for her vision, but would revert to using glasses when in private.
* While recording, she has a habit of constantly switching the script between her left and right hand.
* She is not particularly adept in her kanji and English. While recording for the Ashita no Nadja drama CDs, she mispronounced the kanji "横暴" from "yokobou" (よこぼう) to the incorrect "chuuchiyo" (ちゅうちょ). She also did not understand the definition of the word "rise" from the similarly titled ending theme song she sang for AIKa R-16: Virgin Mission until she asked fellow seiyū Jun Fukuyama during the time spent recording for Code Geass. He gave her the metaphor of the word "rise" being used in "sunrise" to help her understand.
* Mamiko Noto, Hitomi Nabatame, and Yui Horie have all jokingly made the comparison that the animal Ami most resembled was a mouse during their time spent recording for School Rumble.
* After appearing in the commercial for the Code Geass video game, she liked her uniform from the fictional Ashford Academy she wore so much that staff members let her keep it.
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.