Night Snipers (Russian:Ночные Cнайперы) is a Russian rock group. It was founded in 1993 as an acoustic duo of Diana Arbenina (Russian: Диана Сергеевна Арбенина) and Svetlana Surganova (Russian: Светлана Яковлевна Сурганова). The ladies played guitar and violin respectively, sharing the vocal and songwriting duties evenly, eventually adding amplification to the band. Since its inception the band has participated in a variety of Russian musical festivals — from the underground (such as Babye Leto and Moguchaya Kuchka) to the major events (Nashestvie, MAXIDROM, Krylya), as well as touring extensively domestically and abroad.
Night Snipers' best known singles are 31st Spring (31 весна), Frontier (Рубеж), Capital (Столица), Asphalt (Асфальт), and Actress (Актриса). The majority of the songs in the band's repertoire is written by Arbenina and Surganova, but some use the poetry of such authors as Joseph Brodsky, Anna Akhmatova, and Federico Garcia Lorca. In 2002 Svetlana Surganova left the band to create her own group Surganova and Orchestra, and Diana remained the headliner of Night Snipers.
* 1995 Second bullet (Вторая пуля) (not published)
* 1998 Drop of tar/In a barrel of honey (Капля
дегтя/В бочке меда) (Сaravan Records)
* 1999 Britanets (Британец)
* 1999 Child's babble (Детский лепет) (Manchester
* 1999 Kanarsky (Канарский) (not published)
* 2001 Frontier (Рубеж) (Real Records)
* 2002 Live (Живой) (Real Records)
* 2002 Tsunami (Цунами) (Real Records)
* 2003 Trigonometry (Тригонометрия) (Real Records)
* 2004 SMS (Real Records)
* 2005 Simauta (together with Kazufumi Miyazawa)
* 2005 Koshika (Japanese release, together with
* 2005 Trigonometry-2 (Тригонометрия-2) (Real
* 2006 Koshika (Russian release, together with
* 2007 Bonnie & Clyde (Бонни & Клайд) (Real Records)
Artist descriptions on Last.fm are editable by everyone. Feel free to contribute!
All user-contributed text on this page is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License; additional terms may apply.