12,528,640 listeners (976,568,858 plays)
Polydor became a popular music label in 1946 while the famously yellow Deutsche Grammophon seal became a classical music label. No Frenchman, though, could be expected to buy (or pronounce!) a product labelled Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft, so Polydor remained Deutsche Grammophon’s export label, including Classical music, in France and the Spanish-speaking world for the remainder of the long-playing era.
In the early 1960s orchestra leader Bert Kaempfert signed unknowns Tony Sheridan and the Beat Brothers to Polydor. The Beat Brothers, of course, were actually The Beatles, and less than two years later, with a new drummer and new haircuts and now signed to Parlophone, became one of the biggest and most influential groups the world has ever seen.
Popular German entertainers such as James Last, Bert Kaempfert, Kurt Edelhagen, Caterina Valente and the Kessell Sisters appeared on the Polydor label, as well as many French, Spanish and Latin-American figures.
Dyrehaven, Skanderborg, Denmark
4 going 1 shout
Tøyenparken, Oslo, Norway
134 going 4 shouts
Way Out West 2015
Slottsskogen, Göteborg, Gothenburg, Sweden
234 going 54 shouts
- CHEZZBIAN connected Polydor to the group Cheryl Cole. October 2014
- Joscelyn unlinked Polydor from A deleted journal. August 2014
- kewlkatycat connected Polydor to the group Katy Perry and Lana Del Rey!. April 2014
- GonzaloGJ17 connected Polydor to the group Lana Del Rey is our Top Artist. September 2013
- goritskaia wrote about Polydor in a deleted journal. August 2013
- The Beatles 18,218 members
- G-A-Y 5,622 members
- Jimi Hendrix 3,061 members
- Funky Music 1,872 members
- Krautrock Heaven 1,756 members