Gen 2 2012, 23:48 di wukkielad
Dic 31 2010, 20:30 di HHJBAir - Moon Safari *NEW
Angus & Julia Stone - Down the Way
Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
Bloc Party - A Weekend In the City
Bloc Party - Silent Alarm
Bob Marley and The Wailers - Feel Alright *NEW
Bob Marley and The Wailers - Legend *NEW
Bonobo - The North Borders 12" *NEW
Charles Bradley - No Time for Dreaming 12" *NEW
Charles Bradley - Victim of Love 12" *NEW
Coldplay - Live 2003
Coldplay - Parachutes
Coldplay - A Rush of Blood to the Head
Coldplay - X&Y
Creedence Clearwater Revival - Live In Europe 12" *NEW
David Ford - Songs for the Road
Deep Purple - 24 Carat Purple 12" *NEW
Dire Straits - Brothers in Arms 12"
Dire Straits - Communiqué 12"
The Doors - The Doors
Doves - Kingdom Of Rust
Eagle-Eye Cherry - Desireless
Eagles - Hotel California 12"
Eddie Vedder - Into the Wild
Editors - In This Light and on This Evening
Editors - The Weight of Your Love 12" *NEW
Gen 15 2010, 13:07 di yara_gilmore
Gen 12 2010, 20:37 di fearofmancNothing betrays advancing age like the sudden onset of end-of-the-decade surveys peppering the music-savvy corners of the media over the last few months, especially when Uncut cheekily published their round-up of ten years of tunes in early October. At the behest of a friend, I compiled my top 50 of the decade, making it somewhat easier on myself by restricting artists to a single album apiece. (I don’t know what I would’ve done had The Blue Nile released two albums during the decade.) The order is alphabetical by artist, although there are surely no prizes for guessing which album I hold in, uh, highest esteem.
Ryan Adams - Gold
American Music Club - A Toast to You
A Silver Mt. Zion - He Has Left Us Alone but Shafts of Light Sometimes Grace the Corner of Our Rooms…
Badly Drawn Boy - The Hour of Bewilderbeast
Beck - Sea Change
Belle & Sebastian - Fold Your Hands Child, You Walk Like a Peasant
Bjork - Selmasongs
Black Box Recorder - The Facts of Life
The Blue Nile - High
Blur - Think Tank
Dic 8 2009, 21:25 di Mazzini
Dic 1 2009, 12:48 di philtay1. Yankee Hotel Foxtrot - Wilco (2002)
2. Z - My Morning Jacket (2005)
3. Heartbreaker - Ryan Adams (2000)
4. Lost Souls - Doves (2000)
5. Alligator - The National (2006)
6. The Sophtware Slump - Grandaddy (2000)
7. Asleep in the Back - Elbow (2001)
8. A Ghost is Born - Wilco (2004)
9. Lifted or The Story Is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground - Bright Eyes (2002)
10. In Rainbows - Radiohead (2007)
11. Is This It - The Strokes (2001)
12. The Trials Of Van Occupanther - Midlake (2006)
13. No Cities Left - The Dears (2003)
14. Funeral - Arcade Fire (2005)
15. Love Is Hell - Ryan Adams (2004)
16. Yoshimi Battles The Pink Robots - The Flaming Lips (2002)
17. More Adventurous - Rilo Kiley (2004)
18. Leaders Of The Freeworld - Elbow (2005)
19. Illinois - Sufjan Stevens (2005)
20. B.R.M.C. - Black Rebel Motorcycle Club (2001)
21. Boxer - The National (2007)
22. Wincing the Night Away - The Shins (2006)
23. Kill The…
Nov 23 2009, 20:23 di Claudia_78Oops, they did it again! Radiohead at no. 1 again... Tough decisions in 2001...
1. Amnesiac - Radiohead
2. No More Shall We Part - Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds
3. White Blood Cells - The White Stripes
4. Is This It - The Strokes
5. Lookbook - Slut
6. The Optimist LP - Turin Brakes
7. The Argument - Fugazi
8. Girls Can Tell - Spoon
9. Discovery - Daft Punk
10. Regeneration - The Divine Comedy
Runners-up: Toxicity - System of a Down, Let It Come Down - Spiritualized, Gold - Ryan Adams, The Blueprint - Jay-Z, Get Ready - New Order, Poses - Rufus Wainwright, Zweilicht - Kante
Ott 30 2008, 13:38 di innerearmediaInterview with Hungry Bentley
(October 30, 2008)
Q: Hello John, how have you been?
A: Not too bad - thanks for asking!
Q: First of all, can you tell us a little bit about yourself and your music?
A: I am from Lancashire in NW England. I write the songs under the name of Hungry Bentley which is the name of a deserted village in Derbyshire, England. There are many such villages which have been simply abandoned or where its settlers have been displaced by landowners or by a shift in economics. I like the name and the history of it adds a little flavour.
The rest of the band in its current line up are from Glasgow, Cardiff, Montgomery, Blackburn, Norwich and Manchester.
The songs I write and the music we make has been described as lush folk, intelligent country rock, lyrical pop, unlike anything else out there and even easy listening. I'll take any of these labels because it saves us from being put in a box with a lid on.
Set 2 2008, 20:51 di dysto_dysto_'s top albums
1. Audioslave - Audioslave (446) http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/resizer.php?i=http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/174s/7737695.jpg&w=160 http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/spacer.gif2. Evergrey - Monday Morning Apocalypse (339) http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/resizer.php?i=http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000ELL7KC.01._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg&w=160 http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/spacer.gif3. The Gathering - Home (326) http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/resizer.php?i=http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/174s/9372199.jpg&w=160 http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/spacer.gif4. Marilyn Manson - Eat Me, Drink Me (312) http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/resizer.php?i=http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/174s/9630023.jpg&w=160 http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/spacer.gif5. Tom McRae - Tom McRae (275) http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/resizer.php?i=http://userserve-ak.last.fm/serve/174s/10271451.jpg&w=160 http://ilo.gda.pl/filip/cover/spacer.gif6. Iron & Wine - The Shepherd's Dog (270)…
Giu 7 2007, 11:59 di baronneWhen we met, we listened to this album so much we cried, we laughed. If anyone is just falling in love, get this album, slap it on and fall more in love.