Ott 3 2009, 20:48 di roger_incoma
Set 16 2008, 21:18 di marshmellow_man1.How did you get into no.29?
Cat Power - i saw her on austin city limits on PBS one day supporting The Pixies or something like that (maybe not the pixies... i think it was a band that i was really into, but i cant remember). then i was downloading some bootleg Dax Riggs from my brother one day and i noticed that i had room left on the cd for an entire other album. i searched his music to see what i could fit on there that i would like and i saw cat power's Moon Pix album and decided to give it a go. i fell in love with that cd.
2. What's the first song you ever heard by no.22?
I Got Mine
3. Whats your favorite lyric by no.33?
Agents of Oblivion - "We wither and blow-ow, where the smoke goes" (Wither). Maybe not my fave, but its the first one i thought of. so smoky and ethereal, i fucking love it.
4. How did you get into no.49?
Do Make Say Think - It's complicated. Basically, when i was in high school, there was this teacher (only like 5 years older than me, he looks pretty young, but he was awesome). …
Nov 22 2007, 2:37 di KrettisGejat, maar derhalve niet minder leuk.
IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?
So, here's how it works:
1. Open your library (iTunes, Winamp, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool...
Opening Credits: The Black Angel's Death Song
Waking up: Marbles
First Day at Highschool: Blind Rage
Falling In Love: All Through The Night
Fight Song: Fugitive Motel
Breaking Up: Christ for President
Prom: Big Julie
Life: Fantasie in F Minor
Mental Breakdown: Nausea Shreds Yr Head
Flashback: Future in Computer Hell
Getting Back Together: Golden
Final Battle: Mad Man
Death Scene: Level
Funeral Song: No More Mr. Nice Guy
End Credits: The Sinner in Me
Lug 18 2007, 0:22 di gratefulmolly
Mar 3 2007, 0:50 di LazyGus
Gen 6 2007, 3:59 di knoxcrA running collection of the best music I heard in 2006 (still a work in progress).
I'll start off with my favorite albums and several tracks from each. In most cases I could go on and on. I love each of these albums, but I'll try to limit the tracks.
Out Here All Night
Out Here All Night
Black Holes and Revelations
Supermassive Black Hole
Knights of Cydonia
Map of the Problematique
Broken Boy Soldiers
Steady As She Goes
Joker and the Thief
Now I'll move on to the tracks that stood out to me from this year. Most are from albums released in 2006, but a few just happened to be played heavily in 2006 although released on an album in 2005.
Hang Me Out To Dry
Alive with the Glory of Love
Wow, I Can Get Sexual Too
Well Thought Out Twinkles
Wolf Like Me
Dic 26 2006, 13:22 di exsandh0es5 tracks i'm pretty much addicted to at the moment
1)Level This song amazes me.. it makes me want to sing and dance. it reminds me of like 70's or 80's rock and i don't even really like vintage rock, but i LOVE this song
2)The Kill (acoustic) yea i've loved this song for like 6 months now.. but this acoustic version kicks ass =)
3) My Wish omg, a country song, but yes i am hopelessly addicted to this song.. a friend of mine left me the lyrics on aim one day and i got it when i woke up and ever since then it's just been this awesome song..
4) Feeling Way Too Damn Good yes this is an old song, but the lyrics are just amazing, the part where it says 'we gotta make love just one more time in the shower' makes me smile everytime =D
5) I Want to Save You if there is someone out there that has not read the lyrics to this song, you must go google it now. especially girls from the late teens or early 20's.. its simply my favorite lyrics atm..
Dic 19 2006, 19:34 di medulaespinalHere are the top 50 tracks of 2006, in its first installment: songs 50 thru 26.
50)On the Radio
Any song making a useful reference to Guns & Roses while using pretty as an adjective to describe them is good in my book. Actually it's Regina's vocal antics that pull me into this song.
49)Supermassive Black Hole
Because sounding like Britney Spears was all the rage. Everybody put their arms up over the new sound, thanfully only UK audiences had to deal with it as a single(so far...).
48)I'm So Sick
Good for these guys. They caught lightning in a bottle for the 3 minutes of this song. Good luck with the rest of your career.
47)Lived in Bars
You know some people are full of shit. Like Brandon Flowers and Panic! At The Disco. But when Chan Marshall sings the opening lines of "Lived in Bars", you believe her, and it's never sounded so sincere. The smokey attitude of the song is tops,and so is the horn section.
Nov 19 2006, 16:02 di RyanBartonThought I'd try this journal thingymobob out! And well...this seems fun. oO
Pick 7 bands to play at your dream festival.
The first act plays 5 songs.
The second act plays 5 songs.
The third act plays 7 songs.
The fourth act plays 7 songs.
The fifth act plays 10 songs.
The sixth act plays 10 songs.
The seventh act plays 14 songs.
1. We Have a Map of the Piano
2. Don't Be Afraid, You Have Just Got Your Eyes Closed
3. Finally We Are No One
4. Now There's That Fear Again
5. The Land Between Solar Systems
1. Killing All the Flies
2. I Chose Horses
3. Christmas Steps
4. Hunted by a Freak
5. My Father My King
1. Steady, as She Goes
2. Yellow Sun
4. Intimate Secretary
5. Broken Boy Soldier
7. Store Bought Bones
1. Throw It All Away
2. If I Can't Have You
3. In the Waiting Line
6. The Pageant of the Bizarre
Nov 3 2006, 3:40 di jet-setterChoose an artist: Hows about The Raconteurs?
Now answer the following questions, only by using their song titles.
1. Are you male or female: Steady, as She Goes
2. Describe yourself: Level
3. How do some people feel about you: Crazy
4. How do you feel about yourself: Broken Boy Soldier
5. Describe your ex girl/boyfriend: The Bane Rendition
6. Describe current girl/boyfriend: Hands
7. Describe where you want to be: Headin' For The Texas Border
8. Describe how you live: Together
9. Just one wish: Call It a Day
10. Share a few words of Wisdom: A House Is Not A Motel
11. Now say goodbye: It Ain't Easy