Ott 28 2013, 21:07 di eucaine
Nov 24 2012, 0:04 di snowy657Here it is - a mega list of the best albums from the 1980's. I have used a ratings system to compile this list. All of the 24k tracks on my ipod are rated 1-5 stars. I have listened to 400-500 albums from the eighties(a lot of these albums several times) so it's easy for me to compile a list like this. There are no compilations or greatest hits on this list. No mini albums or EP's either, an album must have at least seven tracks to feature. In my opinion, there is only one album that I have ever heard that is perfection and every single track on it gets 5 stars. That album is at number one on my list. If you have never heard "Script of the Bridge" then please check it out. You won't be disappointed!
200 The Cult - Love (1985)
199 The Damned - Anything (1986)
198 Pixies - Surfer Rosa (1988)
197 Immaculate Fools - Hearts Of Fortune (1985)
Gen 28 2011, 18:54 di SUPERDAVORCocoRosie - Fairy Paradise
Mazzy Star - Fade Into You
My Dad Is Dead - Boundaries
Logh - The Smoke Will Lead You Home
Buried Inside - I
Gantz - Viellir Sans Compter, Veillir Sans Trembler
Gandalf - Hang on to a Dream
Iron & Wine - Your Fake Name is Good Enough For Me
Omar A. Rodriguez-Lopez - Hands Tied to the Roots of a Hemorrhage
The Body - Empty Hearth
Ortega - The Siren
Low - On the Edge Of
The Dø - Too Insistent
Neil Perry - Sorry For the Misunderstanding Mr. Watts, It Won't Happen Again
Cold Pumas - The French Note
Mumford & Sons - Thistle & Weeds
Wire - Red Barked Tree
Iron & Wine - Naked As We Came
The KVB - No Lights
Ulcerate - Cold Becoming
Tyvek - Potato
Great Lake Swimmers - Concrete Heart
The Cure - Plainsong
Apr 25 2008, 2:42 di Pajsera/// may 20th ///
1. Fantastic Plastic Machine - French Kiss (9:43)
2. Almadrava - Savanna (5:06)
3. Boat Club - All The Time (5:03)
4. Håkan Hellström - Mississippi kan vänta (4:56)
5. Basia Bulat - Snakes and Ladders (3:09)
6. René Aubry - Frenesie (3:22)
7. Monade - invitation (6:45)
8. P'Tang - Mars Is A Giant Flat For Rent (3:26)
9. René Aubry - Soleils (2:47)
10. Basia Bulat - I Was a Daughter (2:54)
11. Grace Chang - Tong qing xin (2:42)
12. Benoît Charest - Cabaret Opening (Les Triplettes de Belleville OST) (3:13)
13. Klaus Nomi - Just One Look (3:19)
14. Fálkarnir - Flugufrelsarinn (4:27)
15. The Young Gods - Charlotte (2:04)
16. Destroyalldreamers - Sombrer Dans La Folie (3:42)
17. Caspian - Further Up (4:26)
18. I Hear Sirens - Everything Was Black and White Except the City Lights (6:24)
19. Gillespie - Ku je (4:32)
20. Mice Parade - Focus On the Roller Coaster (4:59)
21. Stockholm Monsters - Fairy Tales (4:27)
22. The Glove - Like an Animal (4:44)
Lug 15 2007, 11:19 di CreapMy favourite artists by an estimation of how long I've spent listening to them, instead of how many tracks I've listened to. Powered by Last.fm Normaliser
01. Current 93 (10,750 min)
02. The Cure (6,443 min)
03. Sol Invictus (6,020 min)
04. Antony and the Johnsons (5,472 min)
05. The Smiths (5,265 min)
06. Kjell Höglund (5,230 min)
07. Casiotone for the Painfully Alone (4,586 min)
08. Blutengel (3,912 min)
09. The Hidden Cameras (3,525 min)
10. Tom Waits (3,319 min)
The Last 3 Months
01. Contact (897 min)
02. Folk & Rackare (647 min)
03. John Holm (570 min)
04. Johnny Cash (519 min)
05. Morrissey (496 min)
06. Groundation (473 min)
07. My Dad Is Dead (468 min)
08. Jonathan Richman (398 min)
09. Josef K (376 min)
10. Gang of Four (365 min)
Mar 5 2007, 17:38 di rtreynorI thought that Hot Hot Heat had a really, really stupid name. But then I heard Dogs Die in Hot Cars. I like DDIHC, especially since the lead singer reminds me of Andy Partridge of XTC. Both bands have a nice, 80's-alternative-britpop vibe to 'em, but both have terrible names.
Speaking of 80s bands with bad names: Talk Talk is a stupid name. Not as stupid as Kajagoogoo, however.
The Goo Goo Dolls are slightly better named than Kajagoogoo, but not much. Let's put a moratorium on any more "goo goo" bands, mkay?
I always wondered what bands would rank Less Than Jake but Better Than Ezra.
!!! is as obnoxious as the glyph that Prince once used. And Moxy Früvous is only saved by the use of umlauts. (Mötley Crüe however, has one too many umlauts, and a stupid spelling)
Bands with kooky spellings are annoying: Def Leppard, Led Zeppelin, The Fixx, Split Enz, etc. I blame The Beatles for starting the trend.
But today, I've heard of the worst band name ever, and I'm from Cleveland…
Lug 8 2006, 21:20 di baaicOkay, I'm taking this from CMJ who turned up in my recommended reading for citing Rem. And it seemed like the weird sort of thing that made a great deal of sense to my inner ten-year-old girl, so ...
Go to your music player of choice and put it on shuffle.
Say the following questions aloud, and press play.
Use the song titles that come up to answer each question.
and no guarantee for no embarassing songs ;)
How does the world see me?
Artist: Mono Puff
Song: Extra Krispy
Comment: Yeah right. Maybe extra squishy.
Will I have a happy life?
Artist: Foreign Born
Song: We Had Pleasure
Comment: Not bad. Kind of worried about that past tense, though.
What do people really think of me?
Artist: Rusted Root
Song: Too Much
Comment: Oh dear. That's not much of an endorsement.
Do people secretly lust after me?
Artist: The Breeders
Comment: And that may be sufficiently twisted.
How can I make myself happy?
Artist: They Might Be Giants
Song: Ana Ng
Lug 6 2006, 23:44 di lush1211. Daylight's For The Birds - To No One
2. Hanalei - Nothing Works
3. New Amsterdams- Turn Out the Light
4. David Bowie - God Only Knows
5. Stars - Tonight
6. Camera Obscura - Come Back Margaret
7. Tilly and the Wall - Love Song
8. The Stills - In The Beginning
9. Wolf Parade Fance Claps
10. Casiotone for the Painfully Alone - Nashville Parthenon
11.Enon - Disposable Parts
12. Cursive - Big Bang
13. Rogue Wave - Publish My Love
14. Tegan and Sara - Take Me Anywhere
15. Bishop Allen - Corazon
16. My Dad Is Dead -My Safe Place
17. Volcano, I'm Still Excited - 2nd Gun
18. Texas Is the Reason - Magic Bullet Theory
19. Irving - Jen, Nothing Matters to Me
20. Yeah Yeah Yeahs Dudley
21. Film School - On and On
22. Parenthetical Girls - Keyholes and Curtains
23. Her Space Holiday - The Good People of Everywhere
24. Imogen Heap- Goodnight and Go
25. Belle and Sebastian - Another Sunny Day
26. Metal Hearts - Disappeared
27. The Vaselines - Rory Rides Me Raw
28. Mates of State - Sound it Off