Gen 11 2011, 16:44 di t-wojciech
Gen 2 2010, 4:33 di howisyahttp://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51718f%2BUqAL._SL500_AA240_.jpg
1. Radiohead - Kid A (2000)
It's been over nine years. Frankly, I'm all talked out and have been for some time. I didn't even put up a fight when my cousin dismissed it out of hand recently, having only heard it once, years ago. However, anyone reading this has probably heard Kid A already and formed their own opinion long ago, so what more could I add that hasn't been said too many times before?
2. Björk - Vespertine (2001)
It's her idm album, but it's also her songwriting album. Vespertine showed me how glitchy electronics could be warm, but harps, strings, and one of the most gifted and talented singers of all time help make this an immaculate listen. I think this is one of the most underrated albums of the decade and in her vast, impressive discography.
3. Aphex Twin - Drukqs (2001)
Gen 1 2010, 12:02 di EmaThrasher1. This list is always open to adds, removals, etc.;
2. For each year, the albums are listed in order of preference;
3. No compilations / greatest hits / archives of material conceived way before the Noughties;
4. No classical works.
1. Weakling - Dead as Dreams
2. Avey Tare and Panda Bear - Spirit They're Gone, Spirit They've Vanished
3. Roy Montgomery - The Allegory Of Hearing
4. Bohren & der Club of Gore - Sunset Mission
5. Dirty Three - Whatever You Love, You Are
6. Nels Cline - The Inkling
7. Spring Heel Jack - Disappeared
8. Pan•American - 360 Business / 360 Bypass
9. Demolition Squad - Hit It
10. The Avalanches - Since I Left You
1. cLOUDDEAD - cLOUDDEAD
2. Stars of the Lid - The Tired Sounds of Stars of the Lid
3. Solex - Low Kick And Hard Bop
4. Toby Dammit - top dollar
5. Khanate - Khanate
6. Cannibal Ox - The Cold Vein
7. Hood - Cold House
8. Tool - Lateralus
9. Fennesz - Endless Summer
Mag 15 2009, 8:26 di Ithil_plZ ostrym poślizgiem podsumowanie pierwszego roku XXI wieku. Muszę przyznać że poziom tego roku jest naprawdę zaskakujący. Wydano mnóstwo płyt, które dziś uważam za klasykę, którymi już młodsi koledzy się inspirują. Jest nawet lepiej niż w fantastycznym roku ubiegłym.
1. Converge - Jane Doe (metalcore, mathcore)
2. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - No More Shall We Part (singer/songwriter)
3. The Dismemberment Plan - Change (indie rock)
4. Kylie Minogue - Fever (dance pop)
5. Techno Animal - The Brotherhood of the Bomb (experimental hip-hop)
6. Ścianka - Dni Wiatru (experimental)
7. Fennesz - Endless Summer (glitch, experimental)
8. Opeth - Blackwater Park (progressive metal)
9. William Basinski - The Disintegration Loops (ambient, minimalism)
10. Howard Shore - The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (film score)
11. Tim Hecker - Haunt Me, Haunt Me Do It Again (ambient)
12. Shpongle - Tales of the Inexpressible (psytrance, psybient)
Gen 10 2009, 20:27 di howisyaDespite the music I scrobble, the following are my top 25 all-time favorite albums. I mostly listen to them on stereo systems. When I do this list, I often restrict myself to one album per artist, and now you will see why.
1. Radiohead - OK Computer (1997). Play Climbing Up the Walls.
2. Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral (1994). Watch the uncensored video for Closer:
3. Nine Inch Nails - The Fragile (1999). Play The Great Below.
4. DJ Shadow - Endtroducing..... (1996). Play Midnight in a Perfect World.
5. Massive Attack - Mezzanine (1998). Play Group Four.
6. Tool - Ænima (1996). Watch the video for Stinkfist (A.K.A. "Track #1" if you ever saw this on MTV):
7. Outkast - Aquemini (1998). Watch the video for Rosa Parks:
8. Björk - Homogenic (1997). Play Joga.
9. Radiohead - The Bends (1995). Play Street Spirit (Fade Out).
Gen 22 2008, 13:21 di thekaraseaMy Top 10 Artist List, according to Last FM (as of Jan 20th 2008)
1. Trembling Blue Stars
2. Boards of Canada
3. New Order
4. The Wake
8. The Field Mice
What was the first song you ever heard by 6?
Figs Tree, which, incidentally, is also my favourite song of Milena's. Kate had been raving about Milenasong for ages, and how she wanted to bring her over to Glasgow from Berlin, where she was living at the time, to do a gig. Long before this dream was realised, I was listening to the Symmetry show on Radio Magnetic one night, and this song was played. I didn't know what it was until after it had finished, but it reeled me in immediately; her voice reminded me of Beth Gibbons and the music was suitably eerie with strange looped effects and what sounded to me like a Mellotron (always something that makes me happy). It was a freezing cold winter night and the rain was pummelling on my bedroom window, and I felt at one with this song immediately. …
Gen 1 2008, 21:35 di dj4am