New Bands for Connections

• nable7 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 21 2011, 20:58

New Bands for Connections

Suggest some bands you like that are active now or may be just starting. I'll add them to connected artists.

-Nable7
    • Sigoth ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 25 2011, 10:27
    Add this Symphonic Metal bands to the list, if you find.

Kazanna (very new)
    Pursuing the end (very new)
    The last alliance (very new)
    Rainborn (very new)
    Duilliath
    Meden Agan
    Silent Opera (Italy)
    Whispering Woods: This band is going to send you for FREE the EP to you, if you asked :Where can I buy your ep?
    Raven Tide
    Imperia
    Legenda Aurea
    Diabulus in Musica
    Echoterra
    Ancient Bards
    Rawkfist
    Iluminato
    Manic Movement
    Trophallaxy
    Desdemon
    Dotma
    Benighted Soul
    Magion
    Voices of Destiny
    HB
    Wildpath
    Bare Infinity
    Rhevan
    Solisia
    Soul of Diotima
    Narwhal Tusk
    Fogotten Tears
    Obsidian Shell
    Elegy of Madness
    Thy Symphony
    Adrana
    Edenbridge
    Satanera
    Alight
    Elferya
    Eternal dream
    Silent Opera
    Khaelys
    Hanging Dolls
    Azylya
    Kerion Dark Whisper
    Lapis Lazuli
    Neverstar
    Bel O Kan
    Analgesia
    Windwhisper
    Numinis
    Whispers of fate
    DreamEpic

• nable7 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 25 2011, 21:09
    -Nable7
    Modificato da nable7 in data Mag 25 2011, 22:23
    • nable7 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 25 2011, 22:22
    The Last Alliance, Rhevan, ELFERYA, Azylya, and Raven Tide are not listed as Symphonic. I'm not opposed the idea that a band may be symphonic and not realize it, but they don't have any tracks to download to check them out.

I did add ELFERYA to http://www.last.fm/group/Fans+of+Bands+with+Keyboards connections.

I wouldn't say that Alight is really symphonic, but they are listed as such, you mentioned them, Sigoth, and I happen to think they're awesome.

-Nable7
    • Sigoth ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 26 2011, 16:12
    raven tide,elferya, alight, azylya have much symphonic influences and they are surely bands of the symphonic metal genre. Check out the facebook accounts of this bands!

And "the last alliance" is not this band on last f.m. It is this band:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Last-Alliance/10150101542780545?sk=info

• nable7 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 28 2011, 5:39
    Ok, since you believe in them, I've added them. It's more important for this group that they are currently active than whether or not they are symphonic enough. Maybe we should do dtg (definet he genre) topic…

-Nable7
    • nable7 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 30 2011, 22:16
    K one more thing. This is a last.fm group, so these artists need to be on Last.fm. They should at least have a profile picture so they don't show up as a grey star…

-Nable7
  • Here are a few more:

Amberian Dawn
    AnsoticcA
    Aperion
    Dama
    Emerald Mind
    Fallen Arise
    Ivalys
    Katra
    Pergana
    Pythia
    Sad Alice Said
    Shield Of Wings
    Whyzdom

And also some spelling corrections for a few of the bands you couldn't link to before:

Dark Whisper
    Kerion
    Luminis
    Setanera
    Souls of Diotima

There's also a brand new band called Midnight Cry, but they have no information or symphonic metal tags on their Last.fm page yet. They have a really nice quality sound though, and they're definitely symphonic metal. If you'd like to hear them, they posted a music video last month here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHRCutyjASs . The single is also on iTunes and they are going to release their debut album in the fall.

• nable7 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 5 2011, 21:02
    Awesome, ok here they are linked.

Amberian Dawn
    AnsoticcA
    Aperion
    Dama
    Emerald Mind
    Fallen Arise
    Ivalys
    Katra
    Pergana
    Pythia
    Sad Alice Said
    Shield of Wings
    Whyzdom
    Dark Whisper
    Kerion
    Luminis
    Setanera
    Souls of Diotima
    Midnight Cry

I've seen that video. I think someone mentioned it on another group.

And I trust you on the genre, Samantha. I've seen your profile. =)

-Nable7
  • Symfonia and Similar Artists - Andre Matos , Scheepers , Emerald Sun And then . I Balde from listening to this music.

http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/lafantein/post133253557/ кое-какая информация о скорблинге на сайт ластфм
    • nable7 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 20 2011, 3:26
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'll add them when last.fm is working properly again.

-Nable7
    • Sigoth ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 21 2011, 11:36
    • nable7 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 31 2011, 8:17
    Scheepers and Matos are singers that have sung with symphonic bands. There's one artist here that's a solo act that uses a lot of symphonic stuff, so she's here. I'll take your word for it on Emerald Sun.

-Nable7
    • nable7 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 31 2011, 8:28
    Ravenlands doesn't have a picture on last.fm which looks bad on the front page.

DISDAINED is awesome.

The rest look pretty obvious. Thanks!

-Nable7
    Modificato da nable7 in data Ago 3 2011, 23:26
    • Sigoth ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 3 2011, 14:05
    • nable7 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Ago 3 2011, 23:28
    Euphemea

I'll take your word for it. You don't have to copy the URL when you post a band name, unless it's easier for you that way. You can just past or type their name and click the Artist button under the post. It's under the heading "Insert links to Last.fm pages"

thanks

-Nable7
  • http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/lafantein/post133253557/ кое-какая информация о скорблинге на сайт ластфм
  • http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/lafantein/post133253557/ кое-какая информация о скорблинге на сайт ластфм
  • Silentium.
    The Murder of My Sweet.
    Gwyllion.

Looks like I'm going to discover many great Symphonic Metal bands in this group.

• Whoopsie. Accidental double post. My apologies.

• nable7 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 20 2011, 5:16
    Good ones, Casey. I can't believe I missed The Murder of My Sweet. I love that band.

-Nable7
  • I have a few more. When I saw all the connections I thought it would be impossible to contribute something that wasn't in the connections already.

You can also add:
    - Forever Slave
    - Almôra
    - Angtoria
    - Xystus
    - Xandria
    - Versailles
    - Trail of Tears
    - Tarja (Quite surprised she isn't linked already).
    - Symphony X (I don't know if they really fit, but their last album definitely has Symphonic Metal elements).
    - Stravangzza
    - Sound Horizon
    - Sons of Seasons
    - Nota Profana
    - Northern Kings
    - Nemesea
    - Kingfisher Sky
    - Hollenthon (everything's good with Symphonic Death right?)
    - Haggard
    - Exsecror Vecordia
    - Beto Vázquez Infinity

I will recommend more as I find them. All of them are active to the day if I'm not mistaken.

• nable7 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 27 2011, 23:32
    Thanks, Casey.

I added the first connections directly from my front page. Everything since then has been a suggestion. Anyone not here is not here because no one has suggested it and I hadn't noticed them… or because I don't think they're actually symphonic (e.g. Apocalyptica) or because they are defunct (e.g. After Forever).

Some were already connected, probably between the time that you posted and I saw this. I connected the ones that I recognized.

These are new to me:
    Xystus
    Stravangzza
    Sound Horizon
    Nota Profana
    Northern Kings
    Hollenthon
    Exsecror Vecordia

-Nable7
    • nable7 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Set 28 2011, 0:06
    All those bands are tagged as Symphonic Metal, so I'll take their word for it and yours, except for Stravangzza which last.fm doesn't seem to recognize.

Death, Black, Speed, Power, Pop, and Progressive metals are all welcome here as far as I'm concerned, the only qualifications are that they are still together and that they have significant symphonic elements as part of their sound, not just some songs. "Symphonic" is of course a reference to Western classical and global neo-classical orchestral music, so simple keyboard lines don't count in my opinion.

-Nable7
  • Whoops, I made a typo.

It's Stravaganzza.

Yeah, I was careful choosing some symphonic metal bands. I also don't consider keyboards to be part of the Symphonic part. I listen to those bands myself so I can safely confirm they are definitely Symphonic Metal.

I double checked my list above, and it's fine since the bands are active and have more than just keyboards. It's really complicated to choose bands for this group but that's exactly what makes it interesting.

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.