library.gettracks returns incorrect album/playcount info

• labayojb ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 2 2012, 15:33

library.gettracks returns incorrect album/playcount info

Hi -

I wonder if anyone else has noticed this, or if perhaps this is expected behavior, or if I'm just doing it wrong.

I've got a number of track names from artists that appear on multiple albums (e.g.
    "Artist - Track - Album"
    "Regina Spektor - The Calculation - Far"
    "Regina Spektor - The Calculation - Live in London"

When using library.gettracks without a specific artist and album, I end up getting the only one of the tracks - it seems to be from the last album that was scrobbled, but the actual playcount appears to be whatever number was higher.

Again, I could just be 'doing it wrong', but has anyone else noticed something like this?

I should note that requesting a specific artist/album appears to return the correct info.

Thanks

• labayojb ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 13 2012, 0:51
    Okay, so I'm pretty sure that this is indeed a bug in the API...so, is there some way to file a proper bug report?

• [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 13 2012, 16:27
    i use library.gettracks a fair bit to fetch an entire user's library and each track is only returned once and the playcount is always right - it matches what the track page says on the last.fm website. i never supply artist/album parameters.

the only place you can see track playcounts broken down by album is when you browse the library pages on the website. as far as i know, this info is not available through the API.

• labayojb ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 13 2012, 18:30
    Ah, so it *is* a misunderstanding on my part. library.gettracks pulls an aggregate - it considers the track name to be the unique identifier, regardless of album source. I guess I listen to music differently than last.fm organizes :). However, I still consider it somewhat buggy as library.gettracks still reports an album - it just happens to be 'the wrong one', or more accurately, is unrelated information. Which is sort of misleading, don't you think?

Again, if I use library.gettracks WITH an artist and album, then I get the correct playcounts. Which I can work with, though my tens of requests to last.fm now balloon to several thousand. Oh well.

Thanks

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.