Unknown (?) Jazzrock-Bands

• Looger23 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Gen 23 2008, 16:25

Unknown (?) Jazzrock-Bands

Hi mates... this is a community and noone wants to talk? Maybe someone is alive here...

I'm still searching for new music... I think there is much good unknown music out there... tell me your insider tips. ;)

I just discovered the brazilian formation "Raiz de Pedra" and learned to love it. Freeform jazzrock meets latin rhythms... very special, but good. I know the live-record "Ao Vivo" and I heard that the newer records aren't that good... but "Ao Vivo" worth the money, really!

You might also try "Mirthkon - The Illusion of Joy" ... it's an avantgard metal band, but with some jazzy/fusion influences. I like it. The Band produced until now one EP (including 4 Songs and one "very special" video), you can listen the music on myspace.

I wait for your postings. ;)

regards Looger

• I h8 to admit but i haven't heard a good jazz rock band besides the ones that dominated decades ago, like Mahavishnu Orchestra, Return To Forever, Miles Davis (Bitches Brew), Joe Zawinul Syndicate, Weather Report.. And i mean jazz rock, not fusion. There are many great fusion bands that still live.

• New jazzrock bands

Same goes for me. Besides all of the well known jazzrock heroes from the seventies there are still bands coming forward and playing (kind of) jazzrock. And of course there are still some less well known groups from the past. Especially in the seventies in the UK there were a lot of jazz influenced bands. I am particularly fond of Nucleus. Great band with great records tom prove it. Europe's answer to the USA. What about Jonas Hellborg and Axis, Soft Machine, Alan Holdsworth, Terje Rypdall and so on. So much music and so llittle time. Anyway always interested to hear new names.

Why don't we sing this song altogether
    • selim714 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 13 2008, 19:07
    Often overlooked when talking about Miles jazzrock period. Ursula, Star On Cicely and Fat Time exemplify what the genre is.
    Then there's Scofield's first two or three albums for Gramavision. Electric Outlet, Still Warm and Loud Jazz are tops on my list. A relatively new name in that arena is Jef Lee Johnson. Check out "Thisness".

Selim
    • selim714 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 30 2008, 23:29

Selim
  • jazzrock

not an easy fusion to pull off...
    have a listen to the icon.

• selim714 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Feb 20 2009, 4:30
    They're all fusion bands. Jef Lee Johnson. His "Thisness" means business. And what about John Scofield's Electric Outlet, Still Warm and Loud Jazz? This stuff is pure Jazz Rock. Miles Davis has at least two tracks that qualify as Jazz Rock big time. Usula and Fat Time. Both from his Man With The Horn. Check it out.

Selim
  • check out this Kurt Rosenwinkel !!

maxandthefive
    artwork records*artwork-records
    -- We must grasp the power that enables us to see with enlightened view --
    -- Wir müssen die Kraft erfassen die uns befähigt mit erleuchteter Sicht zu sehen --
Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.