• TrueAri ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 3 2006, 16:33

Charts

Yay- look at that. We have our own very charts.

It's amazing how simliar our tastes are. :-)

Thank you so much for the recommendations.

Without Fear- I love it to death. Her vocals are amazing and the Italian language is enchanting when mixed with their fine choice of instruments.

Nightwish – Elvenpath - I played this one for my mom . LOL. Her vocals are like nothing I've heard before in this one. The lyrics seem silly- but it's such a fun song. My ipod is burnt out from playing it so much. ;-)

Tristania – A Sequel of Decay - It's funny I liked this one so much. I'm not a HUGE fan of Tristania. Too many metally quitars for me and not enough vocals, but this was pretty amazing! I may give them another chance. ;-).

Leaves' Eyes – The Crossing- Unfortunetly, I couldn't find this anywhere! But, I plan on doing more searching. I just love Leaves' Eyes.

Lullacry – Damn You- I couldn't find this one either! I haven't been able to try the band out yet.... but I will make a note to. :-)

I think that's about it for the songs we all have mentioned. Except for the other Nightwish ones I am off to download!

Modificato da TrueAri in data Lug 18 2006, 1:14
    • [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 3 2006, 16:47
    It's great to be part of a group that doesn't have System of a Down, Metallica, Radiohead or the Beatles on the top group charts.

Yeah, that song is something else. That song is the reason why LC is currently on my 2nd most played. 37 plays.

• Omster ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 3 2006, 23:11
    *plays it*

Yeah..it's a nice song :) Prolly not onto my all-time favorites list, but yeah :) Mmm, Metallica, I have a full discography somewhere...I need to get playing =p

Charts are surprising...Nemesea has 5 of 13 listening!? I'd never found anyone else who had heard of them before now, same with Mortal Love o_O

• TrueAri ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 11 2006, 20:39

Re:

Quoth schweinkenstein:
    It's great to be part of a group that doesn't have System of a Down, Metallica, Radiohead or the Beatles on the top group charts.

Yeah, that song is something else. That song is the reason why LC is currently on my 2nd most played. 37 plays.

Oh, tell me about it. I'm glad the charts match up to why I started the group. I'm sick of every group I join having nothing but charts full of Metallica, Radiohead, and the rest of the abused bands on the site. ;-)

• TrueAri ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 11 2006, 20:41

Re:

Quoth Omster:
    *plays it*

Yeah..it's a nice song :) Prolly not onto my all-time favorites list, but yeah :) Mmm, Metallica, I have a full discography somewhere...I need to get playing =p

Charts are surprising...Nemesea has 5 of 13 listening!? I'd never found anyone else who had heard of them before now, same with Mortal Love o_O

I love Manda's voice. Nemesea was one of the bands I found earlier ( when I started getting into Female-Fronted Metal ) .

I've never given Metallica that much of a chance.

.... I lost the Aina link you gave me. * Hangs head in shame *

:-(

• Y2Ken ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 17 2006, 9:15
    I quite like Metallica myself, not a favourite band but I do enjoy it.

I agree on the top artist charts always seeming to be the same for large groups though. One of the only ones I've found which seems to actually follow its group name is the True Metal Fans group, only one of those common artists at the top of their charts is Metallica, but I guess that's fair enough considering the group idea.

• cbrazier ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 17 2006, 9:44
    hey its ken :) - howd u wind-up here?

i must say i hate metallica and not to keen on system of a down (although i think Chop Suey is an amazing song)

• Y2Ken ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 17 2006, 20:57
    Well to cut a long story short, I saw Ari talking to you on your shoutbox, checked out the group and thought I'd join in the fun.

• TrueAri ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 18 2006, 1:03
    Y2Ken said:
    Well to cut a long story short, I saw Ari talking to you on your shoutbox, checked out the group and thought I'd join in the fun.

LOL! How crazy. That's pretty cool. :-)

I am glad you are here though! We only have 19 members, but that's pretty good considering I only started a wihle ago. I'm pretty new to the site, myself. Just started in March! :-)

But I am happy as can be.

I see you have other tastes in music as well. Maybe you could bring some over to the Recommend A Song thread. :-) If we have this genre in common... who knows what else! :-)

~ Ari ~

• Y2Ken ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Lug 18 2006, 5:47
    Yeah, sure. Ask me about anything, really. I don't know about all the artists around (obviously) but I try to find out about as many different genres and sub-genres of music as I can.

The way I feel about it is that if I don't try a genre then I might well be missing out on some good music.

As for starting new groups, I started a group for fans of the band Skindred, as the current fan group was inactive for a long time. That's only been around a week or so and we've already got 16 members and a chart after that first week, but I did go searching for Skindred fans to recruit.

That reminds me of my final point to make. I spend too much time on this site, so I'm pretty easy to find around. ; )

• schweinkenstein said:

Well, Metallica is ok, but not the band I would die for :). And of course:
    1. They had a high influece to other bands and the musik
    2. They (& iron maiden) were one of my first contact to metal so they were also one reason, why i listening to female fronted metal, too.

Anyway my music-taste change a bit & I still listen to Metallica, but it's not part of my top 5 anymore, like you may see...

• aleaf ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mar 9 2007, 7:36
    Metallica aren't female fronted though ^^

Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.