Forum » General Discussion

Movies that really affect you?

• mklinsao ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 14 2012, 0:12
    Tuck Everlasting - The 2002 version makes me cry every time. I read the book back when I was eleven, and it's stayed with me. A lot of people don't like the film, but it really got me thinking hard about life and death and mortality. I think it's beautiful.

A.I. Artificial Intelligence

Grave of the Fireflies

Peter Pan - What can I say? You never forget the story. <3

The Passion of the Christ - I cry every time.

Forrest Gump

The Butterfly Effect

A Walk to Remember

Spirited Away

The Goonies - Probably the most nostalgic movie for me.

Somewhere In Time

The Elephant Man - This movie changed me.

A Little Princess

The Secret Garden

• Naijca ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 14 2012, 0:15
    NFXFSX said:
    Teeth. I value my penis.
    hahaha oh man I love this movie to death.

Gran Torino
    The Green Mile
    Schindler's List
    Sarah's Key
    The Shawshank Redemption
    Lord of the Rings Trilogy
    Gladiator
    Slumdog Millionaire

Feel free to message me for assistance, reports and misc → [Inbox]
    Last.fmで顧客サポートです。日本語はいいぞ! → [メール]
    For assistance in other languages, please check the list here.
    • Absurd93 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 14 2012, 0:52

• holly75 ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 14 2012, 13:01
    Naijca said:
    Schindler's List
    The Shawshank Redemption
    These

Repulser said:
    Into the Wild is the only film that's ever moved me.. I couldn't get it out of my head for days. Real inspiring stuff.
    This one.

Someone else mentioned Forrest Gump and I would agree with this one as well.

I also just recently watched the movie Red State, and it definitely affected me. If I didn't have a severe hatred for conservative Christians before, I definitely do now.

Nobody dies a virgin....life fucks us all. ~ Kurt Cobain
  • Probably one of the most influential was Gettysburg, The brilliant acting, but it was the unforgettable story, and the sheer waste of life (45,000 - 51,000 casualties) that brought a tear to my eye.

"I never picked cotton"
  • Ten Little Piggies

• You Don't Know Jack.
    The world needs more people like Jack Kevorkian.

• Check out my band www.facebook.com/KWeekend

• Casablanca
    Das Leben der Anderen
    The Silence of the Lambs (still gets under my skin)
    Passchendaele

That's all that comes to mind atm

• The Butterfly Effect
    I Am Legend (especially the scene with the dog, and I'm not really a fan of dogs)
    Fight Club
    Frailty
    The Bourne Identity
    Drive (just watched it but one of the best movies I've seen in a long time)
    Toy Story
    Rocky
    Wind Chill (not the best movie ever, but it moved me, I think it's the soundtrack)
    Amélie

Looking back on these, I can see at least 4 of those have a great soundtrack some of these soundtracks even make the movie at times.

• dikiz ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 17 2012, 16:27
    • fackl ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 17 2012, 16:37
  • mklinsao said:
    Tuck Everlasting
    A Walk to Remember

For me it's these two and The Titanic. Damn you Jack! Why did you have to die???

{I don't cry watching Tuck Everlasting but when it gets to the part where the cute guy tells Wynne that he will love her till the day he dies I tear up.
    And for AW2R it's just so powerful. I've always wanted to read the book but I can easily use up almost a half box of Klenex just watching the movie, so I don't know how the hell I could read the book}

Please let there be light In a darkened room

• Idiocracy.

It's a movie of prophecy.

• Homeward bound, Fluke & Warhorse - Animal films get me every time.

"I never picked cotton"
  • North by northwest, a masterpiece by A.Hitchcock !

It all happened in a magical glance...
  • The Muppets....because I'm a Muppet of a Man....I'm a manly Muppet!
    Plus, Kermit is one badass MOFO~

• Repulser said:
    Into the Wild is the only film that's ever moved me.. I couldn't get it out of my head for days. Real inspiring stuff.

This.
    I'll never forget the last photo of him, he looked so happy.
    Christopher Johnson McCandless aka Alexander Supertramp

I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine.
  • I get affected by a lot of movies, but The Lovely Bones is one movie I can't get out of my head. I guess it's the unusual/unpleasant mix of sentimentality and brutality that gets me. Great performances and a dreamy cinematography enchanted me.

"Talent develops itself in solitude; character in the stream of life." - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

• Mou modorenakute, torimodosenakute, ushinata mono ga awari ni o osugite ,...
    • [Utente eliminato] ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 30 2012, 22:58
    Absurd93 said:

I'll have to look that one up some time. The scene in the premature ward genuinely gave me pause for thought. A quite potent reminder of how vulnerable and basically animal-like we are at the beginning of our lives.

• Aliens.

*Life is not for winners it's for sinners that are losaaarrrrrsssss*
    Yer I like to sell dreams to the fiends...
    *We see through your evil if you ain't Hebrew, women like to wear that tight shit so they can tease you, super stars ain't God cus you niccas bleed too, never ever bite the hand that extends to feed you, out the darkness Israelites come to lead you, you ain't nothing but a piece of meat I sink my teeth through*
  • The Leprechaun movies make me laugh every time.

*Life is not for winners it's for sinners that are losaaarrrrrsssss*
    Yer I like to sell dreams to the fiends...
    *We see through your evil if you ain't Hebrew, women like to wear that tight shit so they can tease you, super stars ain't God cus you niccas bleed too, never ever bite the hand that extends to feed you, out the darkness Israelites come to lead you, you ain't nothing but a piece of meat I sink my teeth through*
Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.