Forum » Feedback and Ideas

Global ignore function upgrade

• KeIemvor ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 4 2012, 2:33

Global ignore function upgrade

Someone once told me the global ignore function would be upgraded, so it will completely hide shouts instead of replacing the shout with that text, is that gonna happen soon?

• Yes, we're currently working on ways to make ignored shouts less intrusive, as it would greatly improve shoutboxes.

Unfortunately the ideal case of just outright removing them isn't practical from a development perspective, because it leads to pagination and counter issues, which will escalate if we just filter it. Our current focus is to see if we can resolve those issues, and if not we will be looking into ways to make ignored shouts less intrusive on the site.

• KeIemvor ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Apr 4 2012, 13:03
    Great, thanks for the info!

• Alainn ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 5 2012, 14:56
    Would it be possible to give shouts/posts made by ignored users a different CSS-name like ".shouts .message .ignored" or "ul.forumComments div.comment .ignored"? That way I could just add a couple of rules for these in Stylish so they wouldn't be shown:

/* Shouts and posts by ignored users */
    .shouts .message .ignored, ul.forumComments div.comment .ignored {display: none !important;}
    This way the pagination still works, I just don't see the sillies.

• rotane ha detto...
    • Utente
    • Mag 6 2012, 13:18
    Alainn said:
    Would it be possible to give shouts/posts made by ignored users a different CSS-name? <snip>

That's a great idea!

And yes, pagination would still work; however, one would obviously see less posts per page. Also, in the Forums, where posts have alternating background colors (lighter, darker, lighter, darker, etc), this chain would be broken once you take out one post. Still, this is something I could totally live with. :)

>:]
  • [spam]

Modificato da bengt_bangt in data Mag 7 2012, 7:12
Gli utenti anonimi non possono inviare messaggi. Per inserire messaggi nei forum, accedi o crea il tuo account.