Staircase Lyrics for Cole

• Staircase Lyrics for Cole

From Starcase's side of the Funeral Diner/Staircase split LP, 2001.

Escapism:

No windows, no doors, just a room I've seen a thousand times before. Plain black walls, I saw colors they never let me see. Blinding colors fill up her hair and her eyes until they dances around me. These walls and I've closed it all off. Burn up this room, tear down the curtains and I'll find her there.

This Phone Line That Stretches Across Hills and Reservoirs:

They only sound I hear is when the static shoots to my ear, when my breath comes out too hard, and I feel like the air around me is about to explode. If it exploded it could kill this connection. If I exploded I could knock a satellite out of the sky. Why won't you talk to me? Why can't I say something? I'm about to throw this phone at a fucking wall. The miles of phone line between us wraps around our necks, and we're stuck at opposite ends. I hate this feeling. I can't say a word. I can't see you. I can't feel you. This is killing me. Will the operator kill this connection

Site of a Train Wreck:

I thought and it was all clear, I spoke and nothing made sense anymore. Out of my mouth flew rockets, but not far enough to bridge the fields of distance that separate us. This is my car crash. This is me stranded. This is all pitch black. This is the world, and I try to reach for it but I don't reach far enough. It's all nothing when I'm like this. A wind blew into me a wing blew out of me. Leaving me. "We are all so along, so let it go," it said. Wind blow into me, let me fly away from this. Bring me storms, bring me fire, bring me something I know, something familiar. Spoken was a drop on my face, replied was a weakness in my knees.

Paper Weight:

I thought if I saw you and there was nothing there, everything would be alright, everything was not alright. Everything is exactly how we left it.

In Regards...:

Once afraid of doors that tell stories of the other side, we stepped through. Now, what is in a glance back? Wrists bound to the very ground I layed beneath me, promises to the sky that my knees could not keep. We moved beyond. Memories let me know that these are the days that were, and these are the days that are. If I could close my hands around them then they wouldn't get away from me, not like the others did, the others which faded away. But I can't, not me. "Send my regards to the days well spent, to another in the past. Send my regards to the days to come, days who will follow the path." And the words fell from his lips "that the horizon seemed closer than ever" as the sun set over all our heads only to rise again, but always with a different face. Moments will come and fade away, but as long as we never forget, we won't... Not us. "Send my regards to the years well spend, this one is for me. Send my regards to the years to come, this time we will lead."

This is what's written on the bottom of the sheet.

Ryan Nas, Taylor Haisch, Justin Miller, Callan Clendeni, and John Paul Labno.
    219 Alta Vista st., Santa Crus, California 95060
    Thestaircase@yahoo.com

Thanks to our friends for their support and inspiration:
    Funeral Diner, Marianne and Kent (Of Ebullition, I'm guessing), Dan Africa, All of the bands and good people from Half Moon Bay and the greater Bay area, Andy (of Fourfa) and Brad at Little Red Wagon Studios, all of the people who have been with us for a while and all of the people we've met along the way.

Recorded at Little Red Wagon Studios in September 2000.

On the right side of the insert is a sketch of a human face. I can scan/upload the whole thing if you want. I really like their side. They remind me of Yaphet Kotto a lot. The Funeral Diner side is great too, but their early works are kind of annoying because of all the samples.

• SUCH A HELPFUL FRIEND

• Do you think maybe people will like me now? Maybe a girl will see this and understand how compassionate i am and we can marry and spend the rest of our lives together do you think that could happen do you?

• AWWWWWWWWWWW

THANKS A TON!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3

"I can hear the ocean when I say your name: in the yellow hem of the sea's blue skirt."
    ThreeBoundary said:
    chillout man. it's just thursday
  • I think it could happen

"I can hear the ocean when I say your name: in the yellow hem of the sea's blue skirt."
    ThreeBoundary said:
  • I'd like to see the sketch but you dont have to go out of yourway or anything. <3

ThreeBoundary said:
  • and so he never did

• I forgot.

I can hook up my laptop to the scanner and do it now. If I remember. I believe I've forgotten before.

• The amount of time these posts are spread out is amazing.

• hahaha yeah, mind blowing even.

ThreeBoundary said:
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.