What's your favourite word pronounced british?

• Guitar

• Bollocks.

Snow Dog
    Is victorious!
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 14 Jul 2010, 14:47

Cunt

No other language that I know of has a word as demonstrative.

It still holds the highest taboo with the vast majority of people - long after bastard, twat, fuck and many others have become mainstream.

Yet for some of us it is a term of endearment and used to great effect in the bedroom.

• vaenraa said...
    • User
    • 15 Jul 2010, 20:28
    bitter. especially said by Kate Nash ;]

'I am fond of pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals.' W. Churchil
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Jul 2010, 20:47
    darling

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Jul 2010, 20:49
    or moron,or yankee,or pinneaple,or BRITISH

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 15 Jul 2010, 21:02
    Daft or Cunt

• bastard, precipices

• hot! :DA

• "Absolutely", "Winner"(Or any word that ends with "er"). Its a lovely accent. x)

Again again I luv repetitions!
    • Kusi0r said...
    • User
    • 17 Jul 2010, 13:58
    indeed "indeed" : )

• mines 'stupid fucking yanks'

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Jul 2010, 07:33
    i love everything the say!
    but if i've got to choose smtg, i'd choose "massive', 'bollocks' and 'PARTY!"

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Jul 2010, 08:19
    Dear .___.

• Specifically I like the long 'a' sound (as in 'way', 'say'), and the short 'u' sound (as in 'up', 'fun') which is also found in words like 'love' and 'some'. Oh and also the short 'e' sound, especially when followed by a 'r' or an 't' (as in 'water', 'planet'). But really, every word sounds good in a British accent.

• the English pronounce English as it is intended. hence the name. stupid fuckin yanks

• Ha, this merits an essay style reply. Surely by British you actually mean English, which is the language we speak.. :P

At this point in time I can't think of anything more patronising than being asked what my favourite pronounced word is in English is or being told that I'm spelling words wrong with this joke of a spell checker.

Take 'patronising' for example, this is the correct spelling. The incorrect spelling is 'patronizing', why you ask? It's because some old colonialists, whilst doing a shoddy job of updating the dictionary for Americans, literally just spelt (yes spelt, it's an alternative to spelled) words wrong, and those words were never omitted and corrected, true story.

Soo I guess my favourite native word for the sake of this discussion would be:

Sequester; I wish bad American spelling would sequester itself to the U.S. so I don't have to be told I'm spelling actual English words incorrectly!!!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Jul 2010, 08:45
    'brilliant' !

• man
    octopus

Lovely , I can't, words with "er" !

• lots of words, but I was thinkin' about sick, I kinda love it.

"Nella Pietà Che Non Cede Al Rancore, Madre, Ho Imparato L'Amore"
    • thea07 said...
    • User
    • 23 Jul 2010, 14:40
    MATE

• Sunnnnshiiiiiiineee

How do I sleep???
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Jul 2010, 16:22
    "Not at all" sounds so great^^
    also: awesome, gorgeous, obnoxious

• at this week it's "bohemian" :)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.