Artist of the Week - Nominations

• I vote for Dejan-Josip (2,191 plays (80 listeners)).

-Chamber/Classical/Accordion/World music. Similar to Yann Tiersen / Bark Cat Bark

• iPowers said...
    • User
    • 20 Mar 2012, 19:55
    I nominate Gino Simplicio. The music is electronic but mixes many elements together. It should me nominated because each song stands out from each other and from the bands that i've seen win, electronic artists really haven't been chosen. Along with that, the music mixes influences from other genres such as 8-bit, hardcore, metal, rock, jazz, industrial, and much much more.

• I nominate Monsieur Periné (499 listeners)

This is how they define their style

"Our musical approach consists of an ensemble with rhythms and instruments from the Jazz Manouche, French adaptation of the American swing of the 30’s forged by gypsy guitarist Django Reinhardt, and the popular Latin American music – such as the bolero, samba, son cubano, cumbia, currulao, raspa and Tango."

Available on MySpace http://www.myspace.com/monsieurperine

• Eric Harvey

I nominate Eric Harvey, the keyboardist of the indie rock band Spoon, who recently released a solo album. You can stream his album on bandcamp.

• I nominate Sam Moss, an acoustic guitarist and composer in the instrumental American Primitive style originally defined by John Fahey.

2,687 plays (322 listeners) and lots of free downloads~
    A Minor Storm Rising Up
    Ribs
    No Harvest

• http://www.lastfm.de/music/Steve+Smyth This guy really deserves MORE! 8)

Too old to Rock'n'Roll, too young to die
  • Nomination for Lil Cook Loko

I nominate Lil Cook Loko... He just dropped his CD "Belly of the Beast" with a MUSIC VIDEO!!! The creative process for this recording began in jail when S-Diz heard Lil Cook Loko spitting original songs after orignal songs with
    no stutter... After taking a hiadeous with rap music due to the lack of motivation and global vision in artists around Albuquerque,
    S-Diz realized that maybe he had not met the correct individual just yet. They exchanged information and after they re-emerged into their
    lives Lil Cook found himself dealing with his same troubles as an artist finding a motivated team. That same day he called S-Diz and came to
    the studio and collected 50 beats from his archive. The very next week Lil Cook Loko went to S-Diz's studio and recorded 5 songs in a row.
    S-Diz soon noticed this work ethic and drive is a rare resource and rarely found in rap artists in the southwest. This is when S-Diz knew
    that he had to aim the microphones of his recording studio toward Lil Cook Loko with the realization that he had to create something in which
    transcended the very real yet stereotypical template of a rap album's manifestation from a jail.

"Belly of the Beast" not only transcends all stereotypes and assumptions that may arrise upon hearing the story of this creation; it also
    proves and reveals the unexplored creative possibilities that continue to be ignored by factory assembled Mc's and Producers in the genre. S-Diz
    utilizes a multiplicity of musical compostional processes and displays the skills of a sesaoned composer, arranger, sound designer, and foley-
    artist to create his own hybrid of orginal workflows to create origial work that is evidentally apparent upon listening to the first second
    of the first audio track.

http://www.lilcookloko.com

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUdYk1rlg3s - Music Video

http://www.last.fm/music/Lil+Cook+Loko/Belly+of+the+Beast

• I nominate Full Of Keys A new artist for 2012

• fydhws said...
    • User
    • 15 Apr 2012, 14:30
    space ambient project - Sferi

• I also nominate talia coles

• Randwer said...
    • User
    • 15 Apr 2012, 17:48
    I propose Savannah Pryor as nominee.

They don't trust us, why should we trust them, then?
    • pee-why said...
    • User
    • 15 Apr 2012, 18:02

Me, myself & I

I propose pee-why as the artist of the Millenium.

See U sOon on da moOn !!!
  • I proudly nominate me!

Richard There (964 Listeners)
    Here are some videos:
    Silence Train (from my last album)

If You Call Me (from my first album)

And here a wtf live improvisation (take a look on what happens after the minute 3:20)

And here a comic:

And you can see much more at:
    www.richardthere.com

Greetings from There!!

• I nominate The Utmost Limit If you like trance genre, give him a listen.

• ajleece said...
    • User
    • 27 Apr 2012, 00:03
    I nominate New Telepathics

• I nominate Drunken C

Excellent French one girl band doing post-punk art-rock.

• I also nominate Bobbys Beard

Total genius lo-fi brian wilson indie pop.

• Final nomination is The Jelas

Unique skewed post-punk pop art-rock

• Wait, one more - Birdbath

Noisy post-indie math/art rock with a twist of lemon.

• I nominate COWMAN. Something between Nomeansno and Lightning Bolt.

• I'll nominate myself too COWMAN

Onemanband digital grind puke.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Apr 2012, 19:26
    I nominate Cowman
    great stuff;-)
    small white stint

• I'd like to nominate Norig. She is a Spanish-born French singer, influenced heavily by gypsy jazz and Balkan music. She sings in Romanian, among other languages.

• I nominate COWMAN

• thecowman

nominate thecowman

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.