Scrobbl not scrobbling when I play tracks though an Alpine car adapter

• Have the same issue with an iPod touch running iOS4 and the Kenwood KDC BT60U. Is this being worked on or is it a hopeless case?

• Abu-Dun said...
    • User
    • 2 Nov 2010, 06:14
    Same problem here with my iPod touch 4G iOS 4.1 (and 2G) with the Parrot MKi9200. Any news on an update?

Sometimes you have to get lost to find yourself.

>: 4 8 15 16 23 42
    • luke255 said...
    • User
    • 31 Jan 2011, 15:11
    So I guess this bug has been abandoned. Well, I'm no programmer, but this should be an easy fix. When playing through a USB system like some car stereos and AV Receivers support, the iPod app looks the same but the music is played in a different way.

For example, if you plug in the phone while it is already playing, the receiver will not play the music. You will have to play a new song via the receiver.

However, the Phone still displays song info in the same way, still has the Play icon in the status bar e.t.c. so is presenting the song information as normal.

I would happily donate what I can to a developer who can fix this, having invested in an expensive receiver which works well with my iPhone, except for this one problem. However I'm not holding my breath as I haven't seen a Scrobbl update in Cydia for years...

• Same here using my iPhone 3GS with iOS 4.1 on JVC KD-R811. iPhone is connected via USB. Going to try deactivating Scrobble over Edge/3G and choosing songs ditrectly via iPod app on iPhone instead of via the radio. Going to report back here.

@Developer: Please fix this! Its such an awesome app!!

Thanks!

• Wait... "Configure" screen shows version 0.9. Isnt there an 0.95? Trying to update.

• luke255 said...
    • User
    • 31 Mar 2011, 03:40

Rough soultion

So in my previous post I said that when my iPhone was plugged into my AV receiver via USB, the iPod app still displayed song info, however it appears this behaviour was influenced by a Cydia package. I beleive it was "NoAccessorySplash".

I have got a new iPhone handset which is running 4.3.1 and therefore (currently) unjailbreakable. This led me to search for "iScrobble" on the App store. I seem to remember hearing that it wasn't very good, but I thought it was worth a try.

Searching the App Store for the word "Scrobble" presented me with an App I havn't heard of before, "iSrcob". I tried it and my App Store review follows:

This is a god send, it's done great at mirroring iOSes native music
    player. It's also added some good last.fm specific features without
    any bloat.

Simply fantastic. If you can live with the small advertisement banner
    its free, so you have no reason not to try it! Personally I showed my
    support for this app by in-app purchasing the ad free option because
    I have been banging my head against a wall wondering why last.fm
    themselves or a third party didn't do this sooner, I'm so glad someone
    finally did!

The best part is that if I plug my phone into my receiver, although I cannot control the music playing in this App, the sound will be passed through!

One less reason to Jailbreak!

• Re: Rough soultion

luke255 said:
    The best part is that if I plug my phone into my receiver, although I cannot control the music playing in this App, the sound will be passed through!

So you are saying that you need to choose the music inside the iScrob app? That would be no help then, since I'd want to be able to control the music using my car radio's controls, fiddling with the iScrob app while driving doesn't sound very reasonable to me..

• Re: Re: Rough soultion

emm-jott sagte:
    luke255 said:

So you are saying that you need to choose the music inside the iScrob app? That would be no help then, since I'd want to be able to control the music using my car radio's controls, fiddling with the iScrob app while driving doesn't sound very reasonable to me..

I just found a rather simple fix, instead of controling the iPod through the iScrob app, it is also possible to choose the music through your car receiver and just open iScrob after your drive. iScrob then scans the iPod library for unscrobbled plays (which are being tracked when playing music through a car adapter) and then submits these songs to last.fm.
    Fits for me!

• Ben-v said...
    • User
    • 31 Oct 2012, 22:15
    So no one has fixed this bug yet?

• CanardL said...
    • User
    • 8 Nov 2012, 00:27
    up ...

same problem with my iPhone 3GS (iOS 5)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.