A live gig you missed out on and regret

• A live gig you missed out on and regret

Hello....Time for a raging new thread I'm guessing :|
    I've gone with an artist/band you should have seen live but for some dumb reason didn't.

For me it was The White Stripes and The Stooges they were both playing at the 2006 Big Day Out. I didn't go because I had to work. But you know what...I don't think I really did have to work. I am so fucking pissed off I didn't see them...especially the Stooges...I mean c'mon! :(
    I spank myself nightly for it.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 27 Aug 2008, 18:23
    Bloody Hell, there are loads...

For starters...

Jellyfish, one of my fave bands of all time, played near me and filmed it. I have no excuse for not going other than being a twat.

Red Hot Chili Peppers back in '88 or '89. I was a poor schoolboy and couldn't afford to :(

Ministry a few months back. I emailed their management about getting a press pass to take some photos. Unsurprisingly I didn't get one, so I refused to pay for a ticket on principle :P

• That is not a good enough reason for not seeing Jellyfish :O Twat! :D

Another one for me was ABBA....I had been an angel leading up to their tour so my parents bought me a ticket...I had waited my whole life for it...only to turn into a she-devil days before the concert and I got grounded and wasn't allowed to go :(

• The only one I can think of right now is that I missed out on NoMeansNo at Livid 95, because I was on the road playing in my own band (in Rockhampton that weekend, if I remember rightly)

• OMG GET OUT!! I was at Livid 95! Morphine? Fireballs? Jello Biafra just to name a couple:D I have a huge grin on my face.

Please tell me I don't know your band? :|

• Morphine? Fireballs? Jello Biafra just to name a couple:D
    Dammit - I'd forgotten those ones. I went to Livid 92, 94, 96.

Please tell me I don't know your band? :|
    Probably not. The name was Bravura. We spent a lot of time travelling Qld as rock'n'roll hobos, with a HQ Kingswood full of guitars and attitude. The Grosvenor Hotel in Rocky was home away from home.

• Ok...my Livids 92, 94, 95, 98, 2000
    oh if anyone is interested in what Livid was you can see it here :DLivid
    I am sure You am I played at every Livid and possibly every Big Day Out :|

I don't know your band...did you ever play on the Gold Coast?

• sigh Rage Against The Machine .. the first time AND the second time..

Tix went on sale at 9:00AM.. sold out at 9:15AM..
    Nirvana
    Slayer

• No, I can't recall ever playing the GC

• I can say I have seen Rage against the Machine and Nirvana.:D

Another one I sadly missed was Mindless Self Indulgence hopefully they'll pop out this way again soon.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Sep 2008, 15:41
    I missed Heather Nova. I'd already bought tickets to see New Model Army on the same night...

Hopefully I won't miss the Cherry Poppin' Daddies this December :)

• I recently missed the Stray Cats I had the flu.
    I really didn't like me for days afterwards :(

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 18 Mar 2009, 16:25
    I missed Witch, a couple of weeks ago. But, I'm not pissed at myself. I'm pissed at the government, for thinking that the fact that I smoke pot is grounds to suspend my driver's license and fine me $350. Cunts.

In other words, I'm probably not going to be gong to many clubs in the next 5 months.

• Aaah....see when I was probably about your age...we didn't even have Breathalyzers :D

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 29 Mar 2009, 08:59
    wheelsanddolls said:
    Aaah....see when I was probably about your age...we didn't even have Breathalyzers :D

I suppose they weren't needed then 'coz the wheel hadn't been invented. ;)

*Runs for cover*

I just missed Gordon Giltrap due to me being skint.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 Mar 2009, 22:23
    I didn't get breathlyzed. At least, not this time. Failed a few of 'em in my day, but had always managed to talk my way out of them. This was just sort of a freak thing. A cop in an unmarked mini-van, of all vehicles, caught me buying a gram from a friend like 2 days before Christmas ... yet another reason for me to hate the fucking holidays.

• Hey Ché...you are farking lucky you live where you do...I'd be giving you a wedgie (do they still do them?) for saying that :O

psuedy...that is just sheer unluckiness.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 May 2009, 18:28
    Next month I am missing Suicidal Tendencies, Faith No More, Mastodon and possibly Fishbone. I already regret it :(

On the bright side I have a press pass for Prong

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.