• bands that are RUINED.

well not really, it was an exaggeration.

but i heard bedouin soundclash on a rimmel commercial or something? and i stopped dead in my tracks. i don't really care what they wanna do with their songs but it just kinda sucks when i don't wanna listen to the real thing later cos i hear it all the time on tv.

music. yes.
  • Nouvelle vague got ruined by a brand of coffee D:

I believe they use indie songs for the ads because it's cheaper than using the latest hit? maybe?

• I was disappointed when I heard Muse on a perfume ad, the track was all cut up and messed up :(

And then I heard them again on some charity ad. It was pretty cool, but a bit strange to use muse.

• KatronM said...
    • User
    • 28 May 2008, 18:50
    Yeah, it doesn't feel so icky having Muse on the oxfam ad, but it's still chopped weirdly.

Better than the nescafe ad - didn't even pay Muse for that one. Something about not using enough of the song for it to count as stealing. Thieving little fuckers.

• ow yeah this all is so true :(

paint it black by rollin stones got ruined by cellphone ad here...
    and nick drakes "pink moon" some time ago by toyota ad..

there should be a law against that

keep on in' ! :)
  • i just heard death cab's "i will possess your heart" in a rhapsody commercial. ahhhh.

music. yes.
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 2 Aug 2008, 10:57

Just don't listen to TV

Just don't listen to TV and you will not have this problem, listen to music and read books instead, no ads. TV is crap anyway, you will not miss anything.

• i don't watch much tv, mostly re-runs of my favourite shows. but i cannot live without the office and flight of the conchords, sorry. i don't care if tv is crap, i love that crap.

music. yes.
  • [spam]

[spam]

Edited by hjbardenhagen on 18 Sep 2014, 13:13
  • tanghetto (an electronic tango band from Argentina) made a cover of new order´s "blue monday". actually it was the song exactly as we know, but played with bandonion... aweful! i almost cry when i heard it. a moment later the feeling of crying was gone, and all i wanted to do was punch that bunch of jackass on the face

• such great heights (the postal service) is now the song of a lame supermarket ad here :(

• fall out boy - every single song -.-

Take me away
    All the pain you left for me is burning up inside
    Stuck in days
    When the sun went down in the east and nothing felt alright
    Honest to say
    This is my way
    I don’t care it’s all the same
    All the hatred that I feel
    Makes it so unreal
    To still believe in you
  • chealsea dagger-the fratellis....what the hell does that song has to do in a sabritas (in my country frito lay is called sabritas) commercial?!?!?!

Lords of Destruction, We Adore You
  • UK tv - maybe not in commercials, but in adverts of so many shows and in different shows as well, there are like tunes everywhere from album Only By The Night by Kings of Leon, it annoys me =='

• the killers - read my mind.
    In the ads for the show "ER" in warner channel (latin america). These were like 4 minutes long, and played the whole song.

i used to like that song, now i hate it

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Nov 2009, 04:40
    I remember hearing Led Zeppelin's "Black Dog" when they launched the Cadillac CTS like six or seven or eight years ago, its taken a long time to be able to listen to it again without thinking of those ads. I think they started using The Doors in a more recent campaign...

• orgwell said...
    • User
    • 19 Nov 2009, 08:02
    Can't necessarily dispute the above claims, but Zeppelin's "Rock & Roll" was for sure in a Cadillac commercial within the last three years (~1.5).

Nick Drake's "Pink Moon" was definitely for Volkswagen (but maybe Toyota used it, too).

I feel like I've caught The Crystal Method in something more recently...

Great story: Few years ago, I'm at work (restaurant), in the kitchen. Co-worker puts on some Jane's Addiction album, and one of the first few songs to come on is "Mountain Song." I comment how ironic it seems that it's being currently used for Coors Light commericals. With no hesitation whatsoever, he opens the player, pulls out the CD, and breaks it in half. Bummer to lose out on that disc, but man, what a way to go.

Oh, and one of my current favorite bands, Holy Fuck, is gaining notoriety because of a single of theirs ("Lovely Allen") being used in some car commercial. Fuck, and not of the holy variety.

• ist not ruined, but i hear mr. brightside by the killers in a commercial of pantene o_x

• has anyone said cat stevens? there's a wyclef cover of one of his songs made for a commercial i think. it sucks.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 21 Apr 2010, 19:29
    commercial ruins music!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 May 2010, 00:06
    Well I want to say Tokio Hotel 'cause they're music went all mainstream-ish, but they're latest album was still good XD

• man nick drake on a cell phone commercial who is managing his affairs?! i'm not judging just wondering why they agreed to it damn

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 17 Jan 2011, 21:04
    i don't think it's ruining them, but

Natural's Not In It by Gang of Four
    Atlas by Battles

more

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 20 Jul 2011, 04:43
    I heard Best Coast in a shoe commercial. It was strange.

• i love it, The Plight - Ball And Chain was used in the lucozade advert a bit ago and id be well happy if it got people listening to them cos they rock

Crash the party!
Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.