any new bands you could recommend?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Oct 2005, 14:25

any new bands you could recommend?

are there any new, promising bands you'd like to recommend? ok, they mustn't necessarily be brand new bands.... but unknown and promising. i hunger for new music ^^

• Tyrus said...
    • User
    • 11 Oct 2005, 01:11
    I don't know very new bands, but I'm a big fan of the Progressive Rock bands Rush and Porcupine Tree. Rush exist since the 70s, Porcupine Tree since the early 90s. Maybe you know them yet and don't like them. If not I can only suggest "Roll The Bones" by Rush and "in absentia" by Porcupine Tree.
    Porcupine Tree play a harder Rock than most Britpop/Indie-bands but nothing like "Rrrroaaaarrrr-Metal". ;)
    Anyway their music is very very sophisticated and well-made.
    The Rush-album is rather soft for their measures but nevertheless one of my overall favourite albums.

Edited by Tyrus on 11 Oct 2005, 01:12
  • Some tracks I like in the recent days:

-Morning runner - Gone up in flames (I already mentioned that ^^)
    -The human beinz - Nobody but me
    -The Sonics - Strychnine
    -The Knickerbockers - Lies

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 12 Oct 2005, 07:23
    not too bad for the beginning ^^. i know morning runner (got their "drawing in shapes" and "gone up in flames" singles). they're pretty good!
    never heard about any of the other bands, except porcupine tree, but i can't remember what they sounded like ^^. i'm going to check em out! :)

• Anyone like Major Major?

http://www.majormajor.co.uk/

You can download some tracks off their site.

• I don't know if you're familiar with The Needs already (formerly known as Special Needs) (they're in the artist connections, but not in your track history, although you seem to listen to all kinds of stuff exactly from that scene), they're quite lovely and not that big yet. Some people keep comparing them to Bruce Springsteen, which, unless you know the really good stuff by Bruce Springsteen, is not very helpful at all, as they carry much more of that New Wave of British ... anything spirit. I suggest giving "Blue skies" (latest single, there is no album yet) and "Tarts" (was a double a-side last year) a listen.

Well, if you do know them already ... bloody hell (just checking your artist charts), you know everything already, don't you? (I hereby declare you An Amazing Person. Or just a very committed scenester. The line is fine these days.)

• I really do like Blue Skies by the Needs/Special Needs.

It is one of those songs that always makes me smile.

The video's alright aswell.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 19 Oct 2005, 02:09
    spcial needs, are known as THE NEEDS now? didn't know that!
    i just have their francesca ep and honestly, i didn't really like it a lot. i dunno why, but i haven't got any other special needs stuff. i should probably change that, since everyone is tellin me how good BLUE SKIES is. ^^

does anyone of you like the LUDES? i think they are amazing. i am totally in love with their "WALKIN' THE BLACK DOG" and "YOUR DOG DON'T BARK" ...these songs make ME smile ^^

• Yeah, they changed it, but no-one really noticed because they were mostly called 'the Needs' anyway.

Blue Skies, it's this generation's "At home he's a tourist", I dare say (despite not really being new new wave). Instead of "Twooooo steps fooooorward, six steps back, six steps back!" it's "To the left! To the right!" now. (Besides, I've never seen the video. I lost Mtv2Europe this spring and, umm, haven't yet bothered to find it on the web.)

I only know "Radio" and "Spanish guitar" by Ludes, which I thought were pretty good, but not too smashing. I'm yet to hear any other stuff of theirs. (I have the problem that I rarely ever get my hands on actual records of that kind of bands where I live and can't buy over the internet on my own, so I mostly depend on what's available for download on fan pages et cetera.)

• the needs are awesome, i'm a big fan.

a band that i strongly recommend you all to check out, is the black chaplin. they're a local band and i'm friends with one of the guys, but i'm not being bious here; they really are amazing. they've got influences from the likes of mew and arcade fire, but a sound of their own, nevertheless.

i think you can get a few songs from their website,
    http://www.theblackchaplin.cjb.net/.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Oct 2005, 14:53

Re:

Quoth presence_dear:
    the needs are awesome, i'm a big fan.

a band that i strongly recommend you all to check out, is the black chaplin. they're a local band and i'm friends with one of the guys, but i'm not being bious here; they really are amazing. they've got influences from the likes of mew and arcade fire, but a sound of their own, nevertheless.

i think you can get a few songs from their website,
    http://www.theblackchaplin.cjb.net/.

mmmmh, i like them. they just have some live-tracks on their website.... do they have any singles, albums or stuff released yet?

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 25 Oct 2005, 18:01
    nice thread--I plan to check out these bands, so . . . thanks!

My recommendation: Crumb. Ex-Mexican Pets folks

http://www.crumbmusic.com/

• at areyoulocal:

nope, they are quite a new band and pretty much local underground. so it's not like they'd have been signed or anything yet... plus some of the guys have other bands, too, with which they're also busy. but i'll ask the friend of mine if they have any other stuff floating around online, seeing they only have four live songs on the website.

Edited by presence_dear on 26 Oct 2005, 14:05
  • New Bands

Well .. at least I didn't find it in the artist connections ...
    So check out The Redwalls ... If you like two guitars hard rock but also like the voices of The Beatles you'll have to listen to this ..

Artist connection on demand ;)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 28 Oct 2005, 12:58
    @presence dear: would be nice if you could ask, thanks!

@poetjoel: the redwalls are great. i've got their album and it rocks. it kinda reminds me of mando diao. my friend said "oh wow, they sound like the american mando diao" and i thought he was right. great band!!

• convoi said...
    • User
    • 8 Nov 2005, 00:23
    Elle Milano
    best thing i've heard in a long time.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 10 Nov 2005, 22:05
    anyone else in love with iFORWARD, RUSSiA! ?

• [spam]

[spam]

Aye
    Edited by hjbardenhagen on 30 Jul 2011, 04:30
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 7 Jan 2006, 17:02
    one of the most interesting new bands i've been listening to is shitdisco. i really love their disco blood ep. i'm desperately waiting for some new stuff.

• areyoulocal: if you're still interested in hearing more material from The Black Chaplin, check out this website: http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=42855

I'm sorry it took ages!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 11 Jan 2006, 02:12

Re:

Quoth presence_dear:
    areyoulocal: if you're still interested in hearing more material from The Black Chaplin, check out this website: http://www.mikseri.net/artists/?id=42855

I'm sorry it took ages!

thanks, i am going to check it out!

• The Skeksis is a really, really good british band, I recommend it to everyone. They havenät been signed yet, but check them out! love them

www.theskeksis.com
    www.myspace.com/theskeksis

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Jan 2006, 02:01

Re:

Quoth AnnaHaNa:
    The Skeksis is a really, really good british band, I recommend it to everyone. They havenät been signed yet, but check them out! love them

www.theskeksis.com
    www.myspace.com/theskeksis

thanks... i had to add them to my myspace-friends, cuz they sound good! ^^

• Boy Kill Boy
    Dogs
    Duels
    Love Is All
    The Harlem Shakes
    The Kooks
    Milburn
    The Paddingtons
    New London Fire
    The Rifles
    You Say Party! We Say Die!

Honest to God, all of these bands are just absolutly excellent. Most of the links given have at least a couple of songs to sample, except for Love Is All which I couldn't find an official site for.

Special recommendations for Dogs and The Harlem Shakes!

Listen away and tell me what you think!

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 9 Feb 2006, 00:23
    yay for the kooks, milburn, the rifles, duels, dogs and boy kill boy! the harlem shakes and the paddingtons are ok! i dunno you say party! we say die!

for love is all you can check out their myspace profile: http://www.myspace.com/loveisall8

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.