Carry on boozing...

• bbblood said...
    • User
    • 29 Jul 2009, 09:37

Carry on boozing...

your dad stores Asahi beer? i only ever saw those bottles in some Jap restaurants in Asia. never seen them in stores here. he imports them? i prefer Kirin btw

Hah, no you can get the big bottles in ASDA (who are owned by Wallmart) for a decent price.

• bbblood said...
    • User
    • 29 Jul 2009, 09:38
    Oh yeah and I did keep on drinking. Had a couple tins with friends.

• Smirnon said...
    • User
    • 29 Jul 2009, 10:20
    no wallmarts or the sort here (in Belgium and Germany neither methinks) so i think i'll have to resort to specialized liquor stores if i required some Japanese beers.

i'm usually just fine with standard pilsner beer tho, and for the more 'exotic' ones, my Belgian neighbours are right on the money with it. Duvel i don't favor that much tho, tad too bitter.

anime avatar users fuck off
    • bbblood said...
    • User
    • 29 Jul 2009, 10:47
    Mmmmm Duvel.

• all NY wegmans now for over 6 months have gotten an outstanding collection of beer. lot of fancy belgian stuff and tsingtao, and a big local variety. they are all kinda expensive though

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2009, 00:58
    our local grocery chain QFC carries a surprisingly outstanding array of imported beers. granted the good shit costs upwards of 10 bucks, but fuck if it's not worth it.

i do miss how in california you could buy hard liquor pretty much any fucking place, here it's just confined to state-run liquor stores which are spread out way too thin over this city if you ask me.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2009, 03:30

• bbblood said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2009, 09:21
    Man, I REALLY want to try Blue Ribbon.

It's not possible to get in the UK, well at least easily. What percentage is it?

LIKE REALLY REALLY want to try some.

• bbblood said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2009, 09:22
    tinnitustimulus said:
    all NY wegmans now for over 6 months have gotten an outstanding collection of beer. lot of fancy belgian stuff and tsingtao, and a big local variety. they are all kinda expensive though

What you really need is some Belgium monks to emigrate to the US.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2009, 10:14
    bbblood said:
    tinnitustimulus said:
    all NY wegmans now for over 6 months have gotten an outstanding collection of beer. lot of fancy belgian stuff and tsingtao, and a big local variety. they are all kinda expensive though

What you really need is some Belgium monks to emigrate to the US.

couldn't agree more. we should just give out free visas for any trappist monks. it's for the greater good.

• Smirnon said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2009, 12:02
    my mates and me are gonna do our annual cycle tour along the dutch/belgium border this saturday. nearly every watering hole along the way has its own beer specialty. some serious quality among them

anime avatar users fuck off
    • [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2009, 19:41

Natural People Peach and Passionfruit Soy drink.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2009, 20:03
    what part of boozing was not understood.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2009, 20:54
    tsss

• pbr isnt THAT good. its just good for its price and way more tolerable than most popular american crap beers. my friend works a microbrewery and trying to get a little hookup

• avantgardening said:

i do miss how in california you could buy hard liquor pretty much any fucking place, here it's just confined to state-run liquor stores which are spread out way too thin over this city if you ask me.

Pennsylvania has state owned BEER stores. and the liquor stores are separate. dumbest fucking thing. im going to maine soon which means booze shopping in new hampshire since got no tax.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2009, 22:42
    haha, nah man, i moved to kind of a shitty neighborhood and the 7-11 has the most god awful selection of beer. pbr is the only thing i'd even consider drinking.

that's pretty fucking weird... wait, so you can't buy beer in normal stores? how do people live in that state...

i figured that had to be some incentive for people living in new hampshire and maine, now i see.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 30 Jul 2009, 22:45
    bbblood said:
    Man, I REALLY want to try Blue Ribbon.

It's not possible to get in the UK, well at least easily. What percentage is it?

LIKE REALLY REALLY want to try some.

ha, i think if i said 4 it'd be pushing it.

• avantgardening said:
    haha, nah man, i moved to kind of a shitty neighborhood and the 7-11 has the most god awful selection of beer. pbr is the only thing i'd even consider drinking.

that's pretty fucking weird... wait, so you can't buy beer in normal stores? how do people live in that state...

i figured that had to be some incentive for people living in new hampshire and maine, now i see.

Damn I wish 7-11's over here stocked beer

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 Jul 2009, 00:54
    whaaaaa?

man, i guess i'm pretty well off compared to some of you.

• Your 7-11 should be getting an update soon which along with funky new graphics may include funky new booze http://www.reddesigngroup.com.au/projects/7eleven.aspx

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 Jul 2009, 09:00
    oh noes. what will i do if they stop stocking steel reserve!? i like that the main goal of that was to talk about the repositioning of the slurpee machines. i thought that was the only reason people went into 7-11s, for the goddamn slurpees. it doesn't matter where the machine is.

• bbblood said...
    • User
    • 31 Jul 2009, 09:17
    tinnitustimulus said:
    pbr isnt THAT good. its just good for its price and way more tolerable than most popular american crap beers. my friend works a microbrewery and trying to get a little hookup

I just want to drink it because Frank Booth does. Plus I don't like Bud / Miller / Coors and it gives a really bad representation of American beer in Europe.

Sierra Nevada though, is awesome.

• bbblood said...
    • User
    • 31 Jul 2009, 09:18
    avantgardening said:

ha, i think if i said 4 it'd be pushing it.

oww :-(

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 31 Jul 2009, 10:17
    bbblood said:
    Plus I don't like Bud / Miller / Coors and it gives a really bad representation of American beer in Europe.

those beers gave me a bad representation of american beers.

and yeah, pbr is super fucking weak.

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.