Music not scrobbled from ipod

• Music not scrobbled from ipod

Hello there,
    I don't know if I am the only one who noticed that, but music which is not on the hard disk but on the ipod is not scrobbeled from it. Is there any problem with the itunes lbrary tracing the music missing from the computer disk and causing this problem?
    Have you bumped into such a thing?

One tomorrow for me, please...
    Edited by little-bluebird on 18 Dec 2008, 21:54
  • No, BUT my Computer recognizes my iPod as a CD drive, not as an iPod (or at least an external device) so I can't scrobble the music on my iPod and can't see the folders. if I connect it to another computer it usually isn't a problem. Does anyone know what can be done about it?

Everything is borrowed.
  • This sounds weird...
    Anyway I think everything with ipod/itunes is really full of bugs..
    For me it ain't good service at all. It makes so many mistakes -it's routine.
    I don't know what you need to deal with this stupid thing everyday - a phd? still it's complicated not because of inteligence but the opposite.
    well,... in my case all the removable media (all cds that I loaded to the ipod) which is not in the hard drive seems to be missing and it;s never calculated/scrobbled from ipod.
    ho-ho-ho

• l1onPL said...
    • User
    • 17 Jan 2009, 13:35
    I've got problem with scrobbling my iPod classic 5g. I've got it from yesterday and if I want to scrobble music, it shows me iPod hasn't got new songs, but iTunes shows it has. What should I do?
    PS: sorry for my english, I'm from Poland :)

• Where do you see in iTunes the list with the new songs that you've listened?

• l1onPL said...
    • User
    • 30 Jan 2009, 20:26
    I reinstalled Last.fm and it started to work :) I forgot to write it here. But thanks, by the way :)

• WinAMP + mlipod plugin = NoProblem!

winamp.com
    mlipod.sourceforge.net

never used iTunes. No meaning.

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 22 Aug 2009, 18:13
    it pisses me of when i listen to a lot of music and itunes do not recognize any scrobble on my ipod (second gen 8gb)

• oh yeah, I have the same issue. Really annoying - When I plug in my ipod, last.fm first searches for any scrobbled music, and then announces me that there's no scrobbled songs. And I'm like WTF?! So seriously, what is needed to make last.fm see my songs played on ipod.

@IvaN_Fallout does it work?

• ag- said...
    • User
    • 1 Oct 2009, 07:50
    Read this and do what it says. If you do it right, scrobbling will work.
    I have iPod Nano 5G and newest versions of iTunes and Last.fm softwares.

http://www.last.fm/forum/34905/_/506001

• ag- said...
    • User
    • 1 Oct 2009, 08:33
    Here's a journal of how I got my iPod scrobble. Hope it will help :)

http://www.last.fm/user/ag-/journal/2009/10/01/31v8z4_how_i_got_my_ipod_scrobbles_work

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.