Jackson Kelly vs. BC Rich Warlock

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 1 May 2006, 21:27

Jackson Kelly vs. BC Rich Warlock

I would like to hear opinions of other guitarists who a have one (or even beter all) of these guitars mentioned in the title.

I am giong to get a new Guitar soon or late as my darn Stratocaster doesnt sound well on high distortion and is quite fat in campariosion with most other Guitars designed for Rock/Metal.

My eye fell on two guitars, the BC Rich Warlock and the more expensive Jackson Kelly. Both are used alot by Heavy Metal muscicians, and both have two humbuckers. But I heard that the Jackson Kelly has generally a better sound, and she(Assuming a Guitar is Female and your second wife xD) looks prettier IMO than the Warlock. On the other hand I think Warlock could be better since it has 24 frets which gives a higher rage which might be better.

So, I hope there are people who use these guitars here to give advice.

• http://www.metalstorm.ee forums had a similar question (Jackson Rhoads, I think, vs Warlock) and Jackson won overwhelmingly. Find a 24 fret Jackson is probably the best bet. I've a Jackson myself, but haven't played either of the titular models. That is all from me =)

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 5 May 2006, 06:45
    I wouldnt recommend either. For about the same price as a Kelly you could get a DKMGT Dinky which is pretty sweet. Or if you want to save up get a USA rhoads or a KV2 king V, both are really nice, unfortunatley its about a 1.5 grand pricetag for a new one.

As for BC rich, its a bad i idea to get guitars from the because they are really cheaply made, and quite frankly, pretty crappy. They try to play off of the whole "metalheads are ignorant" idea.

• don't buy bc rich guitars! they look cool but they fall apart in like a year. famous mucicians have thiers custom made the ones you buy as a regular guy are a rip off

• [Deleted user] said...
    • User
    • 4 Jun 2006, 19:45
    Thx Jesse (Though lots of my friend have or getting soon a BC Rich). Anyway, since the only Kelly model with 24 frets is twice is as expensive as a JS KE without 24 frets, I think I am giong to buy a Jackson Warrior (Which has in all editions 24 frets and 2 humbuckers), about the same price as a Jackson Kelly II with 22 frets.

• Kelly? M.. From India?
    B.C.Rich from China is worse.

Jackson must be made in Japan at least :)

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.