melancholic breakcore -- recommendations?

• melancholic breakcore -- recommendations?

idk id classify a handful of vsnares as this-- dad, nobody really understands anybody, come to mind

and listening to this track the other day
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBSnWaXa1EQ

is generating this post..

so, any suggestions?

“Don’t you see,” he cries to his mother, “if when we die there’s nothing, all your sun and fields and what not are all, ah, horror? It’s just an ocean of horror.”
  • You should try the tracks "Not what you expected" and especially "La pluie" by Aantagonist.
    http://www.chipdipdrops.com/aantagonist

• Giving the thread a huge bump, you should try Emotional Joystick's Eight, Receptor's When You're Touching Me (which is not Breakcore at all), Flashbulb's Black Lawn Finale or Venetian Snares' Vida. If I remember any other tracks, I'll let you know.

Cheers.

• Taharu said...
    • User
    • 17 Sep 2010, 18:23
    This sounds a lot like Happy Sad Core, Unuramenura and BLÆRG. I'm only really familiar with Unuramenura, though, so he is the only one I am can confidently recommend. I'm sure there are rips of his Underground Works 1999-2005 somewhere, but if not, the CD isn't very difficult to find on the internet and it should be under $15USD. Another good album to get rips of would be the Eyelicker compilation from the late Sublight Records.

Oh, also DJ Clonepa has some tracks similar to it, but most of his stuff is a bit less ambient.

Good luck!

• gejm said...
    • User
    • 18 Sep 2010, 18:04
    • gejm said...
    • User
    • 2 Mar 2011, 13:19
    • NINlife said...
    • User
    • 24 Mar 2011, 08:09
    Some of The Flashbulb. Mainly Soundtrack To A Vacant Life.

• VinniT said...
    • User
    • 15 Apr 2011, 18:50
    second this
    but, "Soundtrack To A Vacant Life" is not breakcore album, I recommend "Red Extensions of Me"

• borchst said...
    • User
    • 24 May 2011, 11:53
    You could also take a look at The Kilimanjaro Darkjazz Ensemble .. Jason Köhnen (Bong-Ra) is in it. Not very breakcore-ish, but getting there sometimes. I did not listen to your examples, so im not sure if thats anywere near what you want.

• Mezori said...
    • User
    • 29 Feb 2012, 06:32
    check out Frog Pocket's album named Come On Primates Show Us Your Teeth

Anonymous users may not post messages. Please log in or create an account to post in the forums.